Profile Picture

Temperature Sending

Posted By lalkie 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I have a 56 Mercury Montclair with a 312.  I purchased a temperature sending unit from NAPA for, but it does not work.  Apparently the ohms are incorrect.  If I ground the gauge it goes to H without a problem.  Does anyone have a part number for a sending unit that will work with my 56.Thanks Larry

Larry
oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Weeks Ago
The Aftermarket Senders do NOT work with Original Gauges. Even most of the Repro Ones do NOT work either. There is a listing on Ebay for original NOS Ford Senders which is what U want. If I can find the Listing I will post it. Ebay # 253936380301. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
miker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
If the Merc uses the Ford gauge and sender, the ones I’ve had from Larry’s Thunderbird did work. At least as well as those gauges worked in the first place.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
lalkie
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)Turbocharged (51 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
The one on ebay  is about $70.00 with shipping.  Out of my budget for one item.  It is still there so other people probably agree with me.  I will check with Larrys thunderbird.  I have been told the 56 merc is unique using 12v to the gauges while other fords used a reducer.  Does anyone know if the 56 and 57 birds used 12 volts for the gauges or had a reducer.  Thanks for the responses.  Larry

Larry
oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Weeks Ago
1956 is the only Year Gauges use straight 12 Volts.All other Years use a reducer.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
chiggerfarmer
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (177 reputation)Supercharged (177 reputation)Supercharged (177 reputation)Supercharged (177 reputation)Supercharged (177 reputation)Supercharged (177 reputation)Supercharged (177 reputation)Supercharged (177 reputation)Supercharged (177 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
To my knowledge all the 1956 vehicles used that sender, so you should be fine with one for a Ford car of any kind?

Tom from the chiggerfarm located in the beautiful Heart of Central Texas

When you cannot dazzle others with your brilliance, baffle them with bullcorn! BigGrin

Reading This Topic

Site Meter