Profile Picture

Lowering stock 56 f100

Posted By lawdogg1 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (49 reputation)Normally aspirated (49 reputation)Normally aspirated (49 reputation)Normally aspirated (49 reputation)Normally aspirated (49 reputation)Normally aspirated (49 reputation)Normally aspirated (49 reputation)Normally aspirated (49 reputation)Normally aspirated (49 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I want to keep truck as original as possible. I want to lower the front and rear end of my truck but want to keep original as possible. Any suggestions? Thanks
seishank65
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)Supercharged (93 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Removing some of the leafs on the springs is an easy way to lower your truck.  On my 56 I removed 2-3 leafs on front and rear.  Cheap way to lower your ride.
DryLakesRacer
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Sac-religious but put in a 392 Chrysler hemi and it will sit just right.. But since this is a Ford site you can also use a Shot-Gun Ford....Bottom like a Y...

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.
panel driver
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I used a front and rear set of reversed eye  leaf springs from mid fifties f 100. They have a calculation on their home page that will give you an approximate ride height. I would get the mounting hardware to go with it. 

Located in Harford County Maryland 
emtdude56
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)Supercharged (139 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
mid fifty also sells a original axel that has a 3 inch drop
62bigwindow
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Look up Nostalgia Sid's. He has several products that will get you the results you want.

Durham Missouri
stuey
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
just a word of caution.  over in the UK the roads are not exactly smooth (pot holes and "sleeping policemen")
so I'm in the process of putting mine back in the air. I found I had barely an inch of suspension travel and getting really short shocks was difficult but not impossible
stuey
NY59F100
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)Supercharged (150 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I would definitely agree with Nostalgia Sid.  He has a 1956 F100 that he's lowered and knows all of the tricks.  If you wanted to keep your stock front axle, you could probably purchase a 3" dropped axle.  He's a great guy to talk to.  I would call him and ask him.  If you have a spring shop that can reverse eye your main leaf spring, that will help the front as well.  In regards to the back, you could do an axle flip, but you'll start getting limited distance between your axle and your frame.  I lowered my 59 F100 using a 3" dropped axle from Sid, reversed the springs, flipped the axle in the back but did a drastic frame change to gain the clearance I wanted.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Soffian

Soffian Adam
Jamestown, NY
59 F100, 55 Club sedan
62bigwindow
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Sid has new rear spring hangers and frame brackets that will get the rear where you want it. They are pretty slick.

Durham Missouri

Reading This Topic

Site Meter