Profile Picture

1955 automatic flex plate

Posted By junkyardjeff 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 days ago
Just got my 55 272 home and noticed one of those two tabs that attach the converter is loose,I was thinking about using the front of the FOM on a FMX so is there any way to tighten those tabs.

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio
oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 days ago
The replacement for that style Plate is a stamped Steel. No Tabs. Drilled pattern to match the Convertor.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
Lou
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
The factory flex plate on 55 Fords were a big problem (I've had 2 55 that the flex plate failed) replace with the stamped steel , or a 57 plate.
junkyardjeff
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

If I use a 57 flex plate will I have to use a 57 converter.

pegleg
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
57 and up converter.

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

If I use a 57 flex plate will I have to use a 57 converter.

No. The B7A 6375-A is a SERVICE REPLACEMENT for the previous 1955-57 design. It does away with the tabs.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/b6a8ccc5-63d0-4669-b77a-c5d7.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/9e18aa66-288a-4489-bdf5-e4c8.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/50313de9-6282-484c-bac7-0bc4.jpg

junkyardjeff
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I seen that flex plate on ebay and wondering if thats the one I will need.

KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

B7A 6375-A is the correct SERVICE REPLACEMENT flex-plate for the 1955/57 F/M.

You can find them NOS or vendors such as MAC's advertises them.

If NOS, two versions were released. The first with one ring and the later with three rings. Make sure it is the later version with three reinforcing rings.

Give up on the C4 install?

junkyardjeff
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I have not given up on the C-4,I need to price the parts to put the C-4 in but I have a feeling I can put the FMX in cheaper.  I will be calling John Mummert tomorrow and go from there.

KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I have not given up on the C-4,I need to price the parts to put the C-4 in but I have a feeling I can put the FMX in cheaper. 

Are you going to keep the FYB or convert to a SBF?

Reading This Topic

Site Meter