Profile Picture

Fuel lines

Posted By Andy 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I’m in the process of putting fuel injection on my 56 Fairlane with a 292 y block. Holley says use 3/8 line for both pressure and return, so I’m hard lining as much as possible. The question is will it be a problem to go from the frame up to the inner fender would the body flex enough to hurt the line? Thanks
miker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Seems to me that the original brake lines went from the fender mounted booster to the frame on my bird. But between the frame or fender and the engine you need a flexible line somewhere on both pressure and return. I’m using hard lines on the frame, and modern EFI hoses from the frame to the engine mounted pressure regulator, and from the regulator to the throttle body. The main deal is proper fuel injection hoses, and ethanol rated. I also like to use Adele clamps to mount the hard lines to the frame rather than hard clamps. At least anywhere some vibration might show up, such as an in-line fuel pump.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
62bigwindow
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Brake lines have coil shaped bends to flex with the body and frame moving. On the fuel line I would probably get some high pressure hose and use that for the flexible connection. You can get them with inverted flare ends to make the transition easier.

Durham Missouri
LordMrFord
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I have 3/8" ethanol rated flexible hose from tank to engine and back.

Hyvinkää, FI
martyk98
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)Supercharged (403 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
MIKER____For some reason I'm having a hard time replying to your post. I live in Puyallup, (ref: 368 Hilborn FI to EFI build)--Marty

Reading This Topic

Site Meter