Profile Picture

Mummert Valley Cover Grommets

Posted By customline3859 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (214 reputation)Supercharged (214 reputation)Supercharged (214 reputation)Supercharged (214 reputation)Supercharged (214 reputation)Supercharged (214 reputation)Supercharged (214 reputation)Supercharged (214 reputation)Supercharged (214 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello all. I ordered a valley cover w/ pcv from John Mummert a few months back. The package included the bolts to install the cover, and the pcv grommet. Unfortunately, it did not come with the two grommets required to bolt the cover in place. Is this correct? Was there a mistake made in shipping? Does anyone know where I can source these locally? 

Thanks,
David 
Joe-JDC
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Should be the same as the valve cover bolt rubber grommet.  Valve cover gasket set should have them for valve covers, and use two for the valley cover.  Joe-JDC 

JDC
oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
The Valley Pan Gasket should include the Grommets. What are U using for a Gasket for Pan?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
Ted
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
The pair of grommets for the two long bolts used to fasten the valley covers are typically not included with the aftermarket valley covers.  As previously mentioned, the grommets do come in the various gasket sets for the Ford Y.  They are the same grommet as used for the valve covers.  If you have trouble sourcing those by themselves, give me a call during business hours as I always have some extras laying loose.  My contact information is at www.eatonbalancing.com .  Ted Eaton.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

PF Arcand
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
A pass on note, posted here some time back by John, the Hoozier Hurricane. He noted that in some gasket sets, the rubber bolt rocker cover gaskets are apparently thicker than the original valley cover ones. He says that can result in some intake manfolds bottoming out on installation.. I trimmed the front one on my ECZ--B install, because it looked to be to close on clearance...   

Paul
paul2748
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I have a bunch of the grommets your looking for.  Send me your address (PM) and I will send you a couple.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

John Mummert
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I don't know if someone is building a new engine and has a complete gasket set or just replacing a valley cover.. If I included grommets the price would go up and anyone with a gasket set wouldn't need them. The only reason I include bolts is that if a bolt that is too long is installed to attached the valley cover it can hit a cam lobe!

http://ford-y-block.com 

20 miles east of San Diego, 20 miles north of Mexico

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2c0ef4dd-5dd8-408e-ba0d-74f6.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter