Profile Picture

Engine Removal

Posted By 55 GLASS TOP 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
Super great cars in the background too......................

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
Florida_Phil
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I've been a Ford guy my whole life. Started when my Dad had a 1957 Custom that I drove to the Senior Prom with my now wife of 54 years.  Back then, guys were putting 427s in everything from 57 Fords to pick up trucks. I have had a chance to build every car I every lusted after. Must have had at least 50 Ford hot rods.  I had some 10 second drag cars that I drove on the street. I don't recommend it.  I've been to traffic school so many times I maxed out because I could have taught the class.  These days, I drive the speed limit.  I'm old and tired now.  I've been told by my doctors that I shouldn't do heavy work. When I work on my cars, I need a younger person to help me so I don't hurt myself.  I know things about these cars that have been long forgotten.  When I work on them, it's like dating my first girl friend.  It's all good.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

57RancheroJim
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
That is an awesome shop, some us only dream of that. I work out of a little garage with home made engine hoist, engine stand, jack stands etc etc. But the bottom line for all of us is to keep the Y's alive by any means.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/e4e38385-8bed-43c7-a430-9654.jpg
Florida_Phil
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Your shop looks like my home garage.  Working in Joe's garage is a dream.  If you need something, he has two or three of them already.   Joe worked hard all his life. He was fortunate enough to build a great business and sell it at the right time.  We work on our cars together.  Two of us equals one fairly decent mechanic. Tongue

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

57RancheroJim
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
My biggest issue is everything takes twice as long now Smile and most of the other old guys aren't much help either.
Cliff
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Guys, age is in your mind, I'm 65 will be 66 soon, I still work hard, have a look at my face book page
https://www.facebook.com/cliff.murray.988

pegleg
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Try 77 with having had a stroke, prostate removed, and suffered 25 kidney stones and tell me it's all my head.

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

Cliff
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
No, my brother had bad health all of his life (diabetes) so I understand, I have been blessed, no major problems so far, however since 1994 one of my hobbies is boxing, I box about 7 rounds 2 times per week, I think I'm the oldest (I think) at the gym that I go to, the young guys just watch, I do feel that hard exercise and faith in God is the key. 
Florida_Phil
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I'm 72 and in good health. I can do anything as good as I used to.. Once.  We have a few guys in our local car group that are in their eighties and still working on their cars.  I'm careful around cars.  You can hurt yourself without even trying. I've seen engines fall.  I've seen cars pin people to the wall when they jump out of gear.  If you're getting up in age, you should have someone younger nearby.  Working on cars keeps me from sitting around all day and keeps my brain working.  It's a good thing.

FORD DEARBORN
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
I am also up there at that age. If there's something that I don't do anymore it's because I don't want to. Working on cars, our favorite engine and helping folks out when asked provides plenty to do. One thing I'm really happy about is my son, when in his single digit age got infected big time by the Y-bug as he was my cruising buddy in my 57 Fairlane 500.  He's now so busy with family and life he doesn't have time to so much as look at his watch. But still talks, plans and dreams of his first Y-block powered car so some day he probably will join this fine solid forum and discuss stuff like we are. Thanks for reading this, JEFF...............

64F100 57FAIRLANE500

Reading This Topic

Site Meter