Profile Picture

Headliner

Posted By 55 GLASS TOP 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hello there is a headliner on eBay B5A-7051916-BC . I am working on a 1956 Club Sedan . I know the first few numbers and letters tell me it's for a 1955, but I do not know what body style the item is for. Does anyone have a parts book that would tell what the headliner fits. Thanks for any reply
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
B5A 7051916-BC . I am working on a 1956 Club Sedan . I know the first few numbers and letters tell me it's for a 1955, but I do not know what body style the item is for. Does anyone have a parts book that would tell what the headliner fits.

The first two characters (70) identify the part per body code, in this instance 70 (56 TUDOR SEDAN).
51916 Is the BODY BASIC PN. The PN is not in either the 49/59 MPC (ISSUE 1959) or MPC (FINAL ISSUE 1964). It was either deleted or the handwritten PN was not correct (or possibly superseded). The packaging appears to be VENDOR SHIP, i.e. was not stocked at a parts depot but was shipped directly from the parts vendor to a dealership. The BODY CODE is three characters. 70 ID's that BODY STYLE and the third character gives the exterior trim detail. The PN SUFFIX (BC) will ID Interior Trim Color in this instance.

55 GLASS TOP
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Thanks for the information , I guess it will fit my club sedan 70c just have to find some wind lace to match thanks again
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

70C is the FAIRLANE CLUB SEDAN 1955/56.

Hope it works out for you.

55 GLASS TOP
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Yes I know the 70c is a club sedan but I am thinking the roof line is the same does anyone know if the 70 A B C have the same headliner bows. The Tudor sedan looks like a Club sedan to me . But I am no expert.
Oldmics
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Part# B5A 7051916-BC is listed in two different places in the 53-55 Ford "Soft Trim Manual"  51916 is the group number and BC (as Kultulz has mentioned -miss me on FordBarn?) is the color

Its application is for 55   70A and 73A - Used with Dark Blue vinyl and medium blue bodycloth trim
and also
70C and 73C - Used with Dark Blue cloth and medium blue bodycloth trim.
Looks like your good to go !
Oldmics
55 GLASS TOP
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Real good info thank you
harleyjohn45
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (108 reputation)Supercharged (108 reputation)Supercharged (108 reputation)Supercharged (108 reputation)Supercharged (108 reputation)Supercharged (108 reputation)Supercharged (108 reputation)Supercharged (108 reputation)Supercharged (108 reputation)

You need to count the bows in the top of the car.  My club sedan has 8 bows.
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

(as Kultulz has mentioned -miss me on FordBarn?)

WHAT DID YOU DO? Angry

55 GLASS TOP
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I bought it , it should fit and the color is what I was looking for . If it does not fit it would not be the first time in my life I screwed up .

Thanks to all for the help

Reading This Topic

Site Meter