Profile Picture

Parts info needed..

Posted By PF Arcand 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
For a 57 Ford car:  What Air Filter element will fit the original housing properly?  Was sold a Fram CA 1511. It kinda works but is about 5/16" to high & looks a bit silly.  Is a Purolater A34764 a better fit? Or ?.. For the master cylinder brake switch. I need 2 replacement 90 deg electric snap on  connectors. Our largest local Parts outfit, (in western Canada) only has straight ones available. which will be too vunerable to breakage.. And the same outfit tells me they don't stock any kind of exhaust/choke Heat Risers anymore. The bolt spacing needs to be about 2-7/8"  My Autolite carb isn't getting enough heat to open readily with dual exhaust. It's a rebuilt & I'd prefer not to go to the expense & wireing for an electric choke, partly because the car is licensed as stock & is still on a Generator. - Thanks           
 edit;   forgot, yes it's a 312 " Y-Block

Paul
oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Weeks Ago
What Engine is it PF?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
57RancheroJim
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
If this is for a Y block I had a problem with the air filter also. The original type has a larger OD on the top and that makes a seal between the top cover part and the body. The Frams and the newer Wix are both the same diameter top and bottom and don't seal. I found a NOS WIX #42050 on Ebay that was correct and sealed but it also sticks up a little, maybe 3/16 as did the originals.
MACS has the 90 degree terminals for the brake light switch with about a foot of wire, shipping is more then the parts sometimes, I hate those people.
Don't know anyone who has heat risers..
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 9 hours ago
The T-Bird parts houses still list the exhaust heat riser in their catalogs.  Doesn't mean they haven't run out, they have a reproduction part number.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
PF Arcand
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Thanks everybody,, will check your info out..

Paul
PF Arcand
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

57R Jim's reminder that the top of the original filter elements was wider than the bottom caught my attention.. So, dug around for a filter that I got at a swap quite some time back. It's old stock & at top is 9-3/8" in dia. x 3-5/8" deep & 9-3/16" dia at the bottom. The box lists it as fitting "some" 1957 Fords  & various 57-60 Ford trucks + 64-65  230"Jeeps & some 64-66 V-8  Ramblers. Unfortunately, I think the company, Salem, is out of business. The Fomoco # was  B7A-9601-C & it appears to fit fairly tight at the top, although it is a bit high, so the housing cover does not cover entirely. Were originals like that?. Other interchange #s are Fram CA 150 PL, Purolater AFP-5 & AC- A 53-C.  However, I suspect that some of the #s are probably obsolete.. I'm going with it for the time being anyway... Thanks      

Paul
57RancheroJim
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)Supercharged (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
The old one you got at the swap is probably correct. The new ones with the same diameter top and bottom leave a 1/16 gap between the lid and body, they work alright and most people don't even notice. The top of the filter creates a gasket/seal between the two parts and it is visible as you can see in this picture if it helps. Or I can get a closer picture if you need it.
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/019a6446-b6ed-4742-80a6-be4f.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter