Profile Picture

E Carb question

Posted By slumlord444 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
I've had the E setup on my '57 Bird since 1966. Carbs are not my area of expertese and I had these professionaly restored 7 years ago. Have fuel leaking out of the carb body into the engine. Floats are ste at with fuel at 1/2" below the top of the carb body. With the top off he carb the fuel level will gradualy dorp. Not a good thing. Too much raw fuel going into the engine. What specificly would be leaking to cause this? I was thinking needle and seat but this regulates the flow of fuel into the carb.
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
TECH ARTICLE - https://www.carburetor-parts.com/Holley-4000-Technical_ep_337.html

slumlord444
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
I talked with the guy who restored the carbs 7 years ago. His answer was that the fuel bowel gets warped somehow and causes fuel to siphon back out of the bowel. Fix is to remove the fuel bowel and surface it to make sure it is back. He will fix it if I ship it to him and pay shipping back. I will be shipping the carbs to him. He puts the carbs on a running engine to test run them before retruning it to me. Nice to know that there are people who still stand behind their work. Thanks for the tech article. I need to print it out for future reference. Lots of good info there.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter