Profile Picture

Distribjutor question

Posted By slumlord444 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
I was looking thru my stash of distributors for a spare and came up with one that I'm sure is a Y block distributor but the oil pump drive is smaller diamater. Why?
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
Smaller than what?  A Y-Block oil pump drive is 1/4" hex.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
slumlord444
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)Supercharged (2.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
Good question. Looked at it again and tried the next smaller allen wrench which was too loose. Looked closer and discovered that the end of the distrbutor shaft was buggered. slightly at the very end. Will take a small file and clean it up.Should work then. Thanks. Sometimes in my old age what should be obvious is not.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter