Profile Picture

New to the forum, but not to cars...

Posted By Squatch 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (23 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (23 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (23 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (23 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (23 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (23 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (23 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (23 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (23 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d0019cd2-40b2-4cb4-9eb0-28ac.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/b5a530c9-6d80-4b68-86b7-5dd1.jpg
Just joined today, and wanted to introduce myself, and my latest project. She's a '56 Vicky, and has been in a barn since '81. Time hasn't been exactly good to the car (boy, can I relate!), but I figure someone needs to save her. I was told it was a 312, but I don't know for sure. Once I figure out how to confirm it, I will. Engine isn't stuck, so that's always a positive. Also, I just picked up a '57 292 2-bbl and automatic (Fordomatic?) for it. Fairly fresh rebuild on the 292, so it will likely go into the '56 before the "alleged 312" gets rebuilt. I'm mechanically inclined, and have owned over 300 vehicles. This is only my fourth Y-block (all '56 Fords).
Anyways, I'm looking forward to chatting with those who are far more knowledgeable on the Y-blocks than I.
Best regards,
Squatch
Ted
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
Welcome to the site.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Squatch
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hitting on all eight cylinders (23 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (23 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (23 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (23 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (23 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (23 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (23 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (23 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (23 reputation)

Thank you, Ted. And thanks for the help with getting me registered on here!
paul2748
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Welcome - the 56 hardtops were one of the finest looking cars Ford ever built, especially when painted all one color.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Squatch
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Thank you for the welcome! I agree, the '56 is a looker. In fact, it is my favorite car of all time. After that, a '60 Pontiac, and after that, a '60 Ford Starliner. But with having owned over 300 vehicles, I rather affectionately refer to myself as something of an "automotive slut" (I'll drive anything!). I love the automobile. One of the few things in life I understand. Can't wait to really start delving more into the Y-blocks. In 1981, I bought a '56 Crestline 2-door hdtp out of a guy's back yard. It had a 272/auto in it. Leaked oil out the RMS like it was going outta style. Had 22 lbs of oil pressure at highway speeds, though. So, I did a full brake job on it, rotated the bias ply tires, changed the oil, put a 5 gallon jug of oil in the trunk, hooked a Datsun pickup bed-turned-trailer to the back, and drove it from Washington state to New York. I was 18 years old, then, and thusly invincible. Also, it was a much different world than it is today...
62bigwindow
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Nice project. Cant wait to see more. Welcome aboard!

Durham Missouri
Joe D
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Welcome Squatch!
I admire anyone taking on a project like yours.
Hey check out the classified section. I have a nice Eldelbrock manifold and dual Carter carbs for sale that were just rebuilt and road tested on my 292 Y-Block for my 1960 F-100 Pick up.

Joe D (The Frig)
1960 F-100 - 292 Y-Block
Philly Burbs
Daniel Jessup
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 9 minutes ago
welcome to the site - nice project you have there. There are many good fellas on this forum who can help with whatever you need. I have learned much since joining years ago.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

Squatch
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Daniel Jessup (7/10/2019)
welcome to the site - nice project you have there. There are many good fellas on this forum who can help with whatever you need. I have learned much since joining years ago.

Thank you! It's definitely a project. I bought another set of very straight fenders for it, as well as a hood (the one on the car has a rip where it kinked). Also bought a Goodell Fabrications cross member, as the original one has some rust issues (very common, as I've come to understand). Got another rear end (axle), just because it was cheap, and a decent front bumper, as well.
So, the forum life is not new to me anymore, as I am an active member on a Jeep forum, but the arrangement here is quite different. I'm not all that great with computers, but I obviously know a little 'bout 'em. I was wondering how one goes about seeking out a specific subject on here. For instance, if I'm looking for an  4-bbl intake (later style), how would I look for posts/threads on the subject, without having to go through everything from accelerator pumps to Zephyr transmissions? Inquiring minds want to know... 
Thanks! 
Squatch

*Actually, I just discovered the Tech section, and what with the titles and all, I find it quite interesting to go searching for what I'm interested in. Lots of good reading, and lots of good info! If there's a quicker way, great. Otherwise, I'll go through the threads like a good book!

PF Arcand
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
Welcome Squatch;  Looking for parts, or selling, go up left to "keeping the dream alive" & then go to "Classifieds"..  

Paul

Reading This Topic

Site Meter