Profile Picture

56 fairlane

Posted By SVMSR1044 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (24 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I am new to y-blocks, just bought a 56 Sunliner, 292 4 barrel, automatic. Is there a filter in the power steering reservoir? If so, part #? Is type “F” ATF correct for trans and p/s? Also, can I measure engine vacuum from where the w/s wiper hose is attached (comes from fuel pump)? Finally, car has manual brakes, any recommendations for a power brake conversion. Thanks, Steve
oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
The proper replacement Fluid for original "A" Type is Dextron 2-3. A lot of Times "F" Type has been used instead so. unless you are draining either Power steering or Transmission completely best to try and find out what the previous owner used. The filter inside the power steering Pump is replaceable. Rock auto lists 2 different filters. Either 2.5' OD or 3" OD.. you may run into Trouble if you change it because there is an"O Ring" under the cover and it does not come with the Filter. Not sure where to obtain One. I added Power Brakes to my Sunliner this spring. I used a 7' dual diaphragm bosster and new Single master cylinder. i will try and find the Information on where to purchase that. Direct bolt on and works extremely well.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter