Profile Picture

Mystery Heads

Posted By Jack Groat 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Months Ago
I just returned from a salvage yard where the guy said he had a set of y-block heads.  Casting number C2TA-6090-B.

When I got to see them the intake ports went up-down not stacked sideways.  I think you know what I mean.  I told him these are not y-block heads.  He said they are late 312 heads where they changed the orientation of the ports.  Never heard that one before.

OK, the C2TA is correct which means 1962 truck.  Ford only had 2 engines in 1962, the last of the y-blocks and the relatively new FE engine.   There was no 312s after '57 that I am aware.

I said this must be a FE engine.  He said it couldn't be because the FE had the rocker arm cover mounting rails partly on the head and the remainder on the intake manifold.  These heads the rocker arm cover rails were 100% on the head.

These heads did have the y-block style milled flats to mount the rocker arm shaft posts (4).

OK guys, what are these heads for?  (no, I didn't buy them)

MoonShadow
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Perhaps the heads they used in Argentina. They had vertical ports.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 7 hours ago
If they are Y block heads, then they are most likely 302 or 332 Lincoln truck engine heads. Definitely not any 312 head.

If they are heads that made it here from Argentina, then they will have small block like intake and exhaust ports and valve layout.

Lawrenceville, GA
Ted
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
A picture would help as I'm not familiar with that part number.  If the heads have two pairs of vertical intake ports similar to what you’d find on a SBC engine, then I suspect you are looking at the heads for a 302 or 332 cubic inch Lincoln Y-Block.  Ford referred to these as OHV (over head valve) engines.  That family of engines was introduced in 1952 and was phased out in 1963.  The oil pump on those engines is the only engine part that’s directly transferable to the 239-312 Y-Block engines.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Jack Groat
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Here is the only picture I have which was taken off the ebay website.  I think you are looking at the intake ports on this photo.  I have emailed the guy and asked for more photos.  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/397486c5-b696-4f3c-ab0a-7466.jpg
darrell
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
these as others have said are 302 332 truck heads with sodium valves.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter