Profile Picture

Power steering jack packing

Posted By mgcookwv 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Where can the power steering jack packing be found? I have a leak and I'm getting ready to have a guy go thru my whole system for leaks ?
My car is a 272 with power steering system is an Eaton, I don't know if there is more than one type of steering system or not.
The guy checked having the side pump and the steering jack sent to a shop in Pa. and the y wanted $700.00 plus freight.
Is there another place a person can get replacement jacks without being skinned?

Thank you in advance!!
oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
mgcookwv (6/20/2019)
Where can the power steering jack packing be found? I have a leak and I'm getting ready to have a guy go thru my whole system for leaks ?
My car is a 272 with power steering system is an Eaton, I don't know if there is more than one type of steering system or not.
The guy checked having the side pump and the steering jack sent to a shop in Pa. and the y wanted $700.00 plus freight.
Is there another place a person can get replacement jacks without being skinned?

Thank you in advance!!

Steering Jack??

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
mgcookwv
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)Supercharged (410 reputation)

yes, steering jack.
miker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Sorry mg, I don’t understand “steering jack” either. You mean the ram under the car, seals for the pump, or what ?

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Lou
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
I just bought a rebuilt ram for my power steering from  my local parts house "Carquest" for $167.00, exchange.  
mgcookwv
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

power cylinder
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
There is no packing. It is all done with a seal kit. The cylinder can be re-sealed but there is one seal if failed, requires the cylinder to be cut open to replace.

The BENDIX SYSTEM is basically the same design throughout the years, but was modified somewhat in the late sixties/seventies.

If you are not concerned with numbers correct, a rebuilt or new may be the cheapest way out.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter