Profile Picture

Heli coil block

Posted By Andy 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I got a block that someone has installed the wrong bolt in the dowel head bolt hole. So it’s gonna need heli coiled , I know it’s 7/16-14 but what length should I use, .875 or 1.094 .
Ted
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
The doweled head bolt holes for the Y are only 1.125” deep so you’ll have to use the shorter heli-coil.  I do get away with using 0.600” long helicoils for the 7/16-14 threaded holes as damaged threaded head bolt holes are a common occurrence on the GM blocks.   Tapping those particular blind holes in the Ford blocks for the longer helicoils can be tricky unless you have two helicoil taps with one of them being modified for bottom tapping.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter