Profile Picture

Oiling Upgrades

Posted By customline3859 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 days ago
... want a good running Y WITH DECENT POWER TO SHAKUP THE GM DUDES

Unless she will run/stay with a 69 NOVA 396/375, you better stay @ THE DRIVE-IN sucking on a malted and aggravating the car hops.

That was the street mark in my day.

FORD finally came through with running an extra quart on the 428CJ/SCJ to prevent starvation at the end of the track. The 7-QT oil pan was a must (IMO).

2721955meteor
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 29 minutes ago
GOOD INFO,some time ago re teds info i installed a flapper in my rear sump aswell increased the amount of oil,no longer loose oil pressure on barking,it was more evident since i put disc brakes on the front of my y powered 1949 mere f47. thanks ted.
Lord Gaga
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
"Unless she will run/stay with a 69 NOVA 396/375, you better stay @ THE DRIVE-IN sucking on a malted and aggravating the car hops."

Well, I suppose.
BUT in 1964 a good friend had a '54 Ford business coupe with a '57 312, T-10 and 4.11 open rear end that would regularly mop up goats, 442s and 383 mopars in street races. The engine was well tuned and stock and the car was gutted except for the front bench seat. 
Anybody remember "The Flame" and "Lujans" in Akron?

"FREE SAMPLE"
RB
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
A modern, built Y Block will handle most of the muscle car era stock stuff no problem.  Esp if you choose a lighter car  (like the  54) .The problem comes that on the street today everyone has stepped up their game with better parts so cubic inches handicap the Y Block.. A 330 cube Y Block can make 400 horse pretty easy with the parts we have now. I had a ported iron head 292 with cam, headers,  and Mummert intake that made 325 hp and was very streetable. My 333 EMC motor with a smallish cam, Mummert heads and intake and a 750 Carb made 465 dyno horse and idled at 750 rpm.. With a loose converter, some gears and a 54 business coupe you could embarrass some scrubies
pegleg
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)Supercharged (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
gaga, I' remember Lujans. Raised in north canton

Frank/Rebop

Bristol, In ( by Elkhart) 

Lord Gaga
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)

Ah-Ha!
On S. Main in Akron? The Flame was right around the corner on Waterloo Rd.
People would race right there on Waterloo or it was a short drive to a flat, straight section of the expressway where sometimes a caravan of spectator cars would come along and pull over to watch a big race. Some guys even trailered the cars that weren't street legal. What a scene. Those were the days! 
Frank, I think I know who you are. I'm a friend of Roger D. 

"FREE SAMPLE"
peglegrice
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)Normally aspirated (42 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
This would have been in the late 50's to about 1960.

Lord Gaga
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

peglegrice (7/2/2019)
This would have been in the late 50's to about 1960.

I don't know about that, what I witnessed happened from 1963 to 1971.

"FREE SAMPLE"
PF Arcand
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Try connecting with Mummert Machine (link from here) & ask how much they increase the depth of the oil groove on all the cams they sell. Apparently all later cam cores manufactured, have the groove to shallow, according to John M.

Paul

Reading This Topic

Site Meter