Profile Picture

292 EFI

Posted By Andy 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Got a 292 with a set of G heads and a small cam. I am planning to run a Holley two barrel sniper efi. Holley claims the two barrel sniper is good up to 350 hp , so I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with these throttle bodies? Really don’t see the point in using the four barrel unit with the added cost since I know this engine will not make near the hp rating of the two barrel unit. What’s your all’s thoughts?
Ted
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
I recently installed the Holley Sniper fuel injection two barrel unit on a Y and it runs well.  The engine starts good and throttles up fine without any hiccups.  As with all electronics, good grounding and solid electrical connections are a prerequisite during the installation.  I did not take advantage of the electronic ignition curve that the unit also has available but instead used the mechanical and vacuum ignition curve from the recalibrated MSD distributor that was being used.  The engine that this unit went on was a very high mileage 292 that was simply rebuilt using metric ring pistons and an Isky E4 camshaft ground on 112° lobe centers.  The C1TE heads had the small valves and the compression ratio ended up being 8.1:1 for the static compression ratio while the dynamic compression ratio is 6.8:1.  This was after zero decking the block and doing a cleanup mill on the heads.  Final numbers on the DTS engine dyno after getting the calibration and timing settled in was 208 HP at 4800 rpms and 290 lbs/ft torque at 2900 rpms.   An article going into the finer details of this build will be in an upcoming issue of The Y-Block Magazine.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter