Profile Picture

2X4 Carters with vacuum operated secondaries and aluminum Edelbrock Manifold off of my 292 Y-Block

Posted By Joe D 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

2X4 Carters with vacuum operated secondaries and aluminum Edelbrock...

Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/8510a886-bff6-43b7-8958-b19f.jpg
I have a nice set of Dual Quads (Carter WCFB) that I just had rebuilt by J&J Carburetor for $530 with shipping. They have vacuum secondary's. J&J says they are 600 CFM based on the throat size since we could not ID the carbs.
I removed the 2X4 set up and went to a single 4 BRL because I thought they were causing a stalling issue that I finally corrected by adjusting the valve lash. Thanks Y-Blockers!! (see many pages of JoeD posts on this site). Anyway the truck is running great and not sure if I want to re install the 2X4 set up again even though it looks so cool and sounds awesome when the secondary's open up! Also a sweet Aluminum Edelbrock manifold goes with this set up.

Asking $600 or best reasonable offer, lowered from $900
I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia and I will ship to you for free!

Joe D (The Frig)
1960 F-100 - 292 Y-Block
Philly Burbs
Joe D
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)Supercharged (439 reputation)

Hey Y- Blockers, no one likes these or do I have them priced to high?

Joe D (The Frig)
1960 F-100 - 292 Y-Block
Philly Burbs
Fairlane57
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)

Hi fella, im in the uk i have a 292 57 fairlane country sedan ,it is a car that is rarer than a rare thing that is rare over here and parts are unobtainable anywhere , it has a 600 cfm holly on a standard 4 barrel manifold at the mo, unfortunatley the manifold is cracked and now leaks ,have tried silver solder and stainles tig weld repairs but it still leaking a bit so gotta get it sorted in the near future, so with this in mind would you think your set up would work on my currently standard engine? and how much would you require to ship it over to me here in england , am  very intrested . best regards. martynhttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/eea59923-b9a9-4d22-8dc0-b9b4.jpg
Joe D
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Hi Martyn,
That's a cool wagon you have there!
Yes this will work on a 292 Y block. I had it on my truck a couple of months ago and they worked great (standard engine). I removed them because I thought they were causing a stalling issue but it wound up being a valve lash adjustment ( valve lash was to tight). The carbs were just rebuilt by J&J Carburetor in California.
I will figure out shipping and pay for if you agree on $900 for carbs and manifold and air cleaners.

Thanks,

Joe D (The Frig)
1960 F-100 - 292 Y-Block
Philly Burbs
Fairlane57
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (22 reputation)

well hi mate thanks for getting back ,glad you like the motor its a rare beast over here for sure ,our problem here is just no one keeps /stocks/ sells Y series parts or stuff at all , anything 65 on is easy to scouce ,anyway i think we may well be able to sort somthing out on your set up,  a couple of questions though, 1: I assume the progresive linkage come with it and also could you supply some manifold gaskets with it { even better a full gasket set }   within the price ? . i need various parts for my car but getting stuff through your auto companys over there is ridiculously expensive [ie a sterring drop link $29.00 by the time it was here it ended up $ 80.00. Just mad as its all bloody taxes .] Rant over . lolBigGrin. regards martyn.
Joe D
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Martyn,
I will include the progressive linkage and a set of manifold gaskets and the air cleaners.

If you send me your address I can get a quote on the shipping cost. If you want you can call me at 484-431-3394

Joe D (The Frig)
1960 F-100 - 292 Y-Block
Philly Burbs
Fairlane57
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi mate, ok great , my adress over here is . 21 Chanctonbury Close, Rustington, Littlehampton, West Sussex. BN16 2JB. United Kingdom. let me know , cheers , Martyn,
Joe D
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Martyn,
I will figure out the shipping. I'm getting some quotes now. Probably around $200 US.
The best way to get me the money is through a wire transfer. Please find out from your bank what info is needed to perform this $900.00 US Dollar transfer to my account. I will check with my bank as well. Please call me some time if you are able. Or e mail me at jderita@comcast.net.
Thanks,

Joe DeRita

Joe D (The Frig)
1960 F-100 - 292 Y-Block
Philly Burbs

Reading This Topic

Site Meter