Profile Picture

TBird Bumper

Posted By Florida_Phil 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
The front bumper on my '55 TBird needs some help.  It has some dents and a few deep scratches.  Repops are available around $900.  Used originals sell on EBay for about the same.  Anyone know where I may be able to get my bumper repaired at a reasonable price?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

DANIEL TINDER
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Knox Custom Chrome (865-546-3144) charged $300 each to restore both my bumpers (bent, scratched, dented, etc) 3 yrs. ago. Couldn’t be more satisfied with the result. Guards (if you need to re-chrome them) were $100 each.

6 VOLTS/POS. GRD. NW INDIANA
NoahVail
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Time Poster

First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)First Time Poster (2 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
DANIEL TINDER (5/2/2019)
Knox Custom Chrome (865-546-3144) charged $300 each to restore both my bumpers (bent, scratched, dented, etc) 3 yrs. ago.

They may be out of business. Their site is gone (domain is squatted) and that number goes to fast busy.
Folks on their Facebook page say their phone is disconnected.

miker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Phil, I don’t have a clue about anyone except on the west coast. But here in the Seattle area, the only decent chrome shops are the guys who do the marine work. At least one will still do bumpers. They aren’t cheap, but they are really good. I’ve only done minor car parts with them, but the boat work they did for us and and friends stood up in the salt water environment.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
DANIEL TINDER
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)Supercharged (2.2K reputation)

Florida_Phil (5/2/2019)
The front bumper on my '55 TBird needs some help.  It has some dents and a few deep scratches.  Repops are available around $900.  Used originals sell on EBay for about the same.  Anyone know where I may be able to get my bumper repaired at a reasonable price?

Be advised, before I had my originals straightened/restored, I ordered one of those lightweight repro bumpers but returned it since the orig. guards were a VERY poor profile fit. Not even close!

6 VOLTS/POS. GRD. NW INDIANA
cos
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (389 reputation)Supercharged (389 reputation)Supercharged (389 reputation)Supercharged (389 reputation)Supercharged (389 reputation)Supercharged (389 reputation)Supercharged (389 reputation)Supercharged (389 reputation)Supercharged (389 reputation)

Last Active: 21 minutes ago
Hello folks  Don't know about other states but car people in Oregon tells me they are all gone, (platers) driven out by regs. They say, ship to  Calfornia, go figure that one. Bye the way, a  fella in Springfield Oregon has or had a front and back bumpers and guards for sale that were really nice.  I might have a number if insterested.  Bill Oregon   541 942 4685
miker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen or used the bumpers produced by Regal Roadsters? They’re the replica tbird company, and list both original types (thru bolts and bumperettes) and a smoothie version you have to build your own mounts for.

It’s in their ebay store, and sit down before you see the prices.

https://www.ebay.com/str/Regal-T-Bird-55-7-Thunderbird-Parts?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
paul2748
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

While I have never done business with this company, there is a shop under the name of Paul's Chrome Plating in Evan's City, Pa.  They are supposed to be very good.
There is another one that is supposed to be very good, in Alabama I think.  Graves Plating, Florence., Al.

Do a google search - chrome plating  XXXXX  (state)
http://www.paulschrome.com

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Florida_Phil
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I have not had the best luck with repop parts.  The company that makes kit car Thunderbird's is Regal Roadsters in Wisconsin.  They sell a reproduction front bumper for $895.00 plus $75 shipping.  They have good feedback.  Does anyone have any information about this company?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

ian57tbird
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
miker (5/2/2019)
Phil, I don’t have a clue about anyone except on the west coast. But here in the Seattle area, the only decent chrome shops are the guys who do the marine work. At least one will still do bumpers. They aren’t cheap, but they are really good. I’ve only done minor car parts with them, but the boat work they did for us and and friends stood up in the salt water environment.

That is amazing. Normally it's polished stainless as chrome wont hold up.
With the California comment, I did here they take it over the border as they don't have to meet the environmental and health regulations. Just what I heard and not sure if that is true.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter