Profile Picture

Re Edsel for sale etc..

Posted By PF Arcand 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
There is a very small contingent of auto collectors that are interested in Edsel's like the one recently brought to our attention here.. What's suprising about that, is that the whole Edsel design, production & reputation was largely a fiasco of immense cost to Ford!  I'm sure the management of the company wished it had never happened!.. The worst of it was that  Edsel Ford's name was attached to it!  I'm sure it he had been alive at the time, he would have promply put a stop to it !  He had some bad luck in life & his legacy is unfortunately largely attached to a disaster. I think he must have turned over in his grave when that car came on the market...           

Paul
miker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
I feel a lot like you do Paul. A local guy had the big wagon with a tri-power 390 in it that ran one of the first Asphalt Ego Ramas (or however they called it). Bright yellow, quite the ride. Did fine on the cruising, fair at the strip, bit out of contention for the autocross.

If you’ve never read a Ford history, and there are many, the relationships often define “dysfunctional” in the family.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
FORD DEARBORN
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
While the other auto makers have had model sales disasters also, there were, IMHO,  2 reasons that stand out regarding the Edsel disaster. 1) There was a great deal of exciting press generated up to the introduction of the Edsel and when the public got a glimpse of the extreme radical styling, it soon became a disaster in regards to sales numbers. 2) Badgeneering was done in 1959 with more radical trim additions to the Ford car platform but was too little too late. I have to agree that it's most unfortunate Edsel Ford isn't recognized for his brilliant work done in the 20's and 30's.

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
Lord Gaga
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: 12 hours ago
miker (4/29/2019)
I feel a lot like you do Paul. A local guy had the big wagon with a tri-power 390 in it that ran one of the first Asphalt Ego Ramas (or however they called it). Bright yellow, quite the ride. Did fine on the cruising, fair at the strip, bit out of contention for the autocross.

If you’ve never read a Ford history, and there are many, the relationships often define “dysfunctional” in the family.

I recommend reading; 'FORD The Men and the Machine' by Robert Lacey.

"FREE SAMPLE"

Reading This Topic

Site Meter