Profile Picture

Introduction - Howdy from Texas!!

Posted By Low-Blow 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)Normally aspirated (27 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Good morning, all. I am new to this forum and have been trying my best to navigate around. I saw where this was the best place to do an introduction. My name is Jason and I live in the big city of Paradise, TX. I recently acquired a 1960 F100. The truck has the original 223 inline 6 with the Glass Bowl 1904 Holley. The rear main seal is leaking and the carburetor body appears to be warped. As opposed to spending money on the existing engine, I decided to do a V8 swap. Last week I purchased a 292 Y Block with transmission from Craigslist. I am going to rebuild the engine and have some technical questions. I will post them in the Technical section. I am looking forward to learning more about the Y Block and will welcome suggestions at any point along the way.

"Can I ask a stupid question?"
Daniel Jessup
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Welcome! Around here we love the Y block of course and there are many fellas on the forum that will be a big help to you. They sure have been a tremendous go-to for the messes I make! Tongue

I just took some dash cam footage yesterday of a ride in the 55 Fairlane after getting some valve issues sorted out - load of fun, but well worth the results as you can hear in the video. There is nothing like the exhaust note of a Y block -  the firing order is superb. You are making a good decision to replace that 6 with a Y. I have a lot of pictures and videos of work on the 55 Ford Fairlane over on hotrodreverend.com. Subscribe if you like once you get on the site.

The dash cam footage does have some background talk - it was me and my buddy Bob Winn who just retired yesterday.

https://vimeo.com/332105553

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

2721955meteor
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
the big issue you should look at is rear sump pans have 2 issues(truck pans ) are the problem ones. this site has many cures. oil pressure drops on heavy barking. and cronic leakes at rear of pan.. getting the pan flat is 1 issue,as we all over tighten rear bolts to stop small leaks, as this warps the pan. time to correct is with a striped block  use it to correct the pan. i have made a reinforcing  plate for the rear so more even pressure
  when you get ther  email me  i will send some pictures,would post hear but can't master the picture  deal on this site, ct1940@shaw.ca
30 coupe
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)Supercharged (312 reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Low-blow, would you happen to know Jim Reeves?  he is a friend of mine who used to live in Alaska, but now resides in Paradise, Texas. he races a black 66 mustang fastback, very nice fast and well built car.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter