Profile Picture

Cage nuts

Posted By montana ford man 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
Does anyone know where I can get those cage nuts that hold the front fenders on in a 55 Ford? It was hard to take the fenders off without breaking them. Most are really rusted.looked at macs and concours and just can’t find any. Any help would be appreciated.
stuey
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)Supercharged (832 reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Hi.  don't know exactly what you are looking for but the following may help 
https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_ssn=jcapartscom&LH_PrefLoc=&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=cage+nuts&_sacat=0 
This guy says to drop him a line If you can't see what you want 
https://www.midfifty.com/store.php?srch=cage+nuts
 https://midfifty.com/item.php?INV_ID=7845  
stuey
Daniel Jessup
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I think Teebird auto sells a complete kit or piece meal for the hardware you need to bolt the front end sheet metal all back together.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

montana ford man
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)Supercharged (296 reputation)

thanks guys,I will check with tee bird. these nuts clip on and they have a square nut in a cage to hold them in.then the fender bolt screws into it.when they get rusty,the nut just turns with the bolt. tough to get vicegrips on sometimes.
BamaBob
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)Supercharged (406 reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
There are two sellers on ebay (and may be others) that have a pretty good selection of these specialty fasteners including cage nuts. They are: Altha3 and jcapartscom. It would be worth a look to see what they have and also contact them and ask if they have what you need. Good Luck!
charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
You can find a lot of stuff like that from an industrial supply like Mcmaster-Carr.  Unless a vendor has NOS or goes to the length of having exact copies made, industrial supply hardware is exactly what you will get and with quite a mark up.

Lawrenceville, GA
MoonShadow
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
I've actually had a lot of luck at my local Ace Hardware. They have one complete two sided isle of nuts, bolts and other fasteners. Not sure if they are all that way as mine is an old family store.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
montana ford man
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

you know I forgot all about ace hardware,thanks. I found small flathead bolts there for putting on my stainless side trim on my 56 a couple of years ago.thanks again.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter