Profile Picture

UTA (unidentified transmission adapter) - Can anyone identify this transmission adapter?

Posted By Daniel Jessup 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

UTA (unidentified transmission adapter) - Can anyone identify this...

Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
Fellas,
A former boss of mine was kind of enough to invite me to come pick up all of his left over parts from his 55 Ford Customline since he is retiring soon and sold the car a few years back. Among the goodies he wanted me to take was this adapter...
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/a543f704-95dd-4317-9a75-0bb5.jpg
There were a number of parts and I quickly snapped a photo because I did not recognize the item (neither did he Tongue). It is aluminum, 1/2" thick, and the four mounting holes on the interior are definitely Ford's 55/56 manual transmission case specs (and of course more years than that). There was a part number on the back of the adapter, obviously not Ford, but the adapter is buried in the trailer until I can get to it. 

Does anyone have any ideas?

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

aka "The Hot Rod Reverend" w00t
check out the 1955 Ford Fairlane build at www.hotrodreverend.com

darrell
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

it has both the old 55 pattern as well as the new 65 pattern.i dont understand what it would be used for as the 65 transmission had both patterns.a few did not.but you could drill them.
Daniel Jessup
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)Supercharged (3.8K reputation)

Maybe the 65 and up snout is 1/2” longer? I am not sure. Hopefully I can get to it tomorrow and take some more photos.

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

darrell
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

the small block to 351 has a snout 1/2 longer so this part would solve that problem.also the front bearing holder that centers the trans in the bell is larger on the 65 trans and must be turned down.even so i wouldnt buy this as you can solve those problems for less than this thing would cost.
Daniel Jessup
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Here are some more photos to help out... the center hole for the bearing holder is 4.5 inches going to 4.75 inches in diameter. http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/cb760950-071b-4f55-99c1-ba86.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/1211c6ce-1809-4e65-8dca-c380.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/ac845912-280b-4a5e-80aa-906c.jpghttp://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/73e7edcf-b4d4-4b46-887e-b682.jpg

Daniel Jessup

Loveland, Ohio

darrell
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

measuring the old bell i have its about 4.670 newer one is 4.820
charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
The TD part of the number could be Trans Dapt.

Lawrenceville, GA
yalincoln
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)Supercharged (573 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
it could be an adapter to put a small block in an early jeep!

lincoln/merc. y-blocks &mel's                                                               bucyrus, ohio.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter