Profile Picture

Piston pin bushings

Posted By Andy 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Anyone used clevite piston pin bushings? I just installed a set in some C2 rods and the press fit doesn’t seem to tight, the part # is 223-3546 . The shop I got them from said that was all that was available and the oil hole has to be drilled not a big deal. What have y’all been using? Thanks
Ted
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
I use the Sealed Power #2469V wrist pin bushings for the Ford Y connecting rods.  Those bushings do have the oil hole already in them but my preference is for the older replacement bushings that did not already have that hole pre-drilled in them.  Without the hole, the swedging operation for the bushings is much easier as the mandrel for that operation is not getting caught up in the pre-drilled oil hole.  As with most Ford rods that have wrist pin bushings, the freshly installed bushings must be swedged in place before honing.  There is a special mandrel for the honing machine that does that swedging operation before going to the honing mandrel.  If not swedged, then the bushings can work loose.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Andy
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)Supercharged (156 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Ted I’ll call you tomorrow, no one locally has a swedging tool. I’ll get a set of pins from Mahle and let you fit these pins. I’ve already pressed the pins in and drilled the oil hole but if you don’t think these bushings will work we’ll change them. Thanks

Reading This Topic

Site Meter