Profile Picture

Certrifical Advanace Modification

Posted By Florida_Phil 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
My 292 is running a stock 1957 ball bearing style distributor with a Pertronix Unit.  I have the vacuum advance disconnected and the total timing set at 36 degrees. My engine idles and runs great.  I wish to bring my distributor advance all in by 3,000 RPM.  I do not have access to a distributor machine.  Back in the day we swapped springs around to "curve" the distributor.   Can I make this happen with just a timing light?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: Yesterday
You can.  A diagnostic tachometer would also be helpful so you can more easily see the rpm at the same time.

Lawrenceville, GA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter