Profile Picture

A Sorry, Painfull Lesson Learned..

Posted By PF Arcand 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 days ago
Sounds pretty uncomfortable. Got to look at the Bright Side Paul. At least You are still around to feel the Pain. Get better soon. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
mongo
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)Supercharged (375 reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
I have had  the old ford matics loaded on the trailer , ready to tie down , pop out of park and roll off the trailer ,before I could chock them up. Now , I tie them down and screw 2 by 4's on both front and back , no issues now . Po ol Davie

Po ol Davie

Sparta , Tn.

56_Fairlane
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I use a big rubber chock I found by the side of the road years ago. It must have fallen of a large truck.
I had something similar happen to me years ago while I was adjusting the idle on a 67 Cadillac in my garage. I had the parking brake on while the car was in drive. Something happened and it lurched forward. There was about a foot of space between the car and the wall. It nearly pinned me but I moved out of the way in time. The front bumper punched some nice holes in the wall and I got bruised as well.

Image result for wheel chock

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan 30K original miles
1960fordf350
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)

Cars jumping in gear is the exact reason that newer vehicles won't come out of park without pressing on the brake pedal.   My dad had a 72 torino jump out of gear into reverse just as he was getting into it.   Lucky that time.    In the 80's he left a tempo in drive and shut it off.  Took the key out and walked in  the house.   1/2hour later a neighbor was knocking telling him the car was across the road.   Lucky no damage or anyone hurt!!

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2e6780b3-6e07-4836-8bf9-c3da.jpg

56_Fairlane
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Ford sent out these stupid stickers in the 80's. It was to save their ass from a 23 million car recall of Fords with automatic transmission built between 1966 to 1980.
Ford park-to-reverse warning label

~DJ~ AKA "Bleach"
1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan 30K original miles
PF Arcand
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
P.S.- follow up;  Investigating my accident, I found that the lift lever latching for Park, was not engaging properly into the indent on the steering wheel hub. It appeared that I should be able to adjust the length of the threaded shift rod down to the transmission to engage better. In doing so it might also center the quadrent readout better... However, apparently adjustabilty is quite limited, because when I did adjust it a fair amount, it still didn't latch really well & then the car would no longer start in the "neutral" position. Obviously that is not satisfactory!  Another factor involved here possibly, is that  the entire steering column was out of the car some years ago, & maybe there is some misalignment in the reinstall ?.. Any suggestions anyone?          

Paul

Reading This Topic

Site Meter