Profile Picture

'56 Fairlane rear wheel bearings

Posted By Tim Quinn 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Where is the best place to buy a set of rear wheel bearings for a '56 Ford Fairlane ?
Checked ROCK AUTO but was confusing. Checked O'Reilly, no luck. Checked Dennis C, no luck.
Who should I contact ?
Tim
Foggy, Florida 33706
MplsMike
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
Try

https://www.tee-bird.com

They sell parts for full size ‘55 and ‘56 Fords as well as T-Birds. I’ve had good luck with them.

MplsMike
'56 Parklane
Minneapolis, MN
Tim Quinn
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)Supercharged (633 reputation)

Big time THANKS.
I'll give them a call.
Again, Thanks,
Tim in Florida
paul2748
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
I don't know if the bearing are the same, but the sedan rears are different than the wagon rears.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Rusty_S85
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)

Larrys Tbirds is another good place they cover Ford cars as well.  Careful with Tee-Bird they have a lot of hard to find parts but you have to call an order in they don't have a online order feature.  Also have to be careful with Larry`s I need to call them up to cancel my heater gasket set I ordered it back late Nov they were waiting for a shipment of just one gasket and still haven't got it.

Macs is another good place and I recall Mac`s has a wide selection of bearings for the cars.

This is from Mac`s.  They have one listed for rear for '56 Fords except for wagons.  Might give them a ring if you are still unsure.  If I was able to stay up longer I would grab my ford parts and illustration guide and give you the oem part number for the rear wheel bearing.  Will do it tomorrow on my lunch break if you haven't got your answer by then.

https://www.macsautoparts.com/ford_mercury_late/rear-wheel-bearing-stamped-88107-a-all-ford-except-sedan-delivery-and-station-wagon.html

1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan - 292 Y8 - Ford-O-Matic - 155,000 mi

Reading This Topic

Site Meter