Profile Picture

ECZ-9425-B intake on 1964 heads

Posted By CJ McGee 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Time Poster

First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hello everyone! I have a four barrel intake that has ECZ-9425-B written on it. Somebody gave it to me awhile ago, but I haven't been able to justify the cost of a new carburetor until recently. The truck is a 1964 f100 and my daily driver/only vehicle. I decided on an Edelbrock 500 and it just arrived in the mail. As far as I am aware, my motor is completely stock aside from the headers I put on it. I know that the intake CAN be put on the '64 heads, but I am wondering if it is a good idea. I have a good friend who works in a radiator repair shop and he is going to dip the intake in one of the acid tanks to remove all the rust so I can paint with engine enamel.

Should I just put the intake on the truck and not worry about it? Or should I look into possibly port and polishing the heads to better match the intake?
Are the '57 312 gaskets the same as a '64 292?
Is there anything I should know before attempting this swap?

I am also installing 3.25 gears in the rear end to replace the 3.89 I had, so it is obvious I am not looking for a huge amount of power. I was worried the new gearing would kill the very minimal power I already had. Previously my motor was running very rich so I am sure that was probably a main factor in my lack of power.
Thanks in advance!
charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
As long as the heads are large port,then you should be ok to simply bolt the intake on.  Stock '64 heads will be large port.

'57 up gaskets will be the same.

Lawrenceville, GA
Ted
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
Just bolt the intake on without concerning yourself with port matching or any additional head work.  The smaller primaries in the carburetor are expected to work well with the stock engine and the weighted secondary flaps are expected to minimize any low rpm bogs that might occur from hammering the throttle too early.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

2721955meteor
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 days ago
CJ McGee (3/4/2019)
Hello everyone! I have a four barrel intake that has ECZ-9425-B written on it. Somebody gave it to me awhile ago, but I haven't been able to justify the cost of a new carburetor until recently. The truck is a 1964 f100 and my daily driver/only vehicle. I decided on an Edelbrock 500 and it just arrived in the mail. As far as I am aware, my motor is completely stock aside from the headers I put on it. I know that the intake CAN be put on the '64 heads, but I am wondering if it is a good idea. I have a good friend who works in a radiator repair shop and he is going to dip the intake in one of the acid tanks to remove all the rust so I can paint with engine enamel.

Should I just put the intake on the truck and not worry about it? Or should I look into possibly port and polishing the heads to better match the intake?
Are the '57 312 gaskets the same as a '64 292?
Is there anything I should know before attempting this swap?

I am also installing 3.25 gears in the rear end to replace the 3.89 I had, so it is obvious I am not looking for a huge amount of power. I was worried the new gearing would kill the very minimal power I already had. Previously my motor was running very rich so I am sure that was probably a main factor in my lack of power.
Thanks in advance!
get a container that the manifold will fit into,put 2quarts  molasses in enough water to cover manifold, leave   for 2to 3 weeks all the rust got. get the molasses at a farm feed supply   cheap.i used pastic garbage can

Reading This Topic

Site Meter