Profile Picture

Oil pan

Posted By Robin272 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hello.

Just about to finishing my 272. I am about to put on my oil pan. I recon there is a height difference between the timing chain cover and engine Block. Any tought on this ? I guess there probably would be oil leak here.
Ted
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago
When installing the timing cover, I make it a point to insure that the oil pan rail on both the block and the timing cover are flush or aligned with each other.  You don’t mention how far out of whack the two of those are but I’d be concerned with anything more than a 0.030” difference.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Robin272
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)

I have not meassured yet, as long as you can see the difference with your eye i would guess it is to much. The timing cover and Block, have a very light coat off permatex ultra kopper on it. I guess all this would be destroyed if i just about loosened the screws snugged, and then the trie too move the cover down..
Robin272
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Permatex on both side of the gasket 😊

Reading This Topic

Site Meter