Profile Picture

Engine rebuilding

Posted By Club Sedan Man 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Time Poster

First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hello, New guy around here I want to rebuild my engine 292 yblock . I can not afford all the parts and machine work at the same time . Can I take the engine apart bring the block to the shop and if the shop says that the block needs to go .30 over can I have the work done then down the road buy the pistons and rings or does the shop like to have the pistons . Will .30 over rings need to have end gap checked or is .30 over .30 over. Please excuse my ignorance thanks
charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
The pistons will be required in order to fit them correctly.  They can hone it slightly under the required size but the machine work cannot be completed until you have them.

Ring gaps should always be checked.

You're going to have to spend the money any way it goes so best to wait until you have the money saved to do it all at once.

Lawrenceville, GA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter