Profile Picture

A Few Parts Needed For My Project!

Posted By Reed P 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hi, Guys!  Been a while since I have been on the forum..and also has been I while since working on my Y-block project.  I am in need of a few items to help my dad and I get this jalopy road worthy this summer!  We are building a Y-powered 1928 Ford Roadster, we are using the original 292 and 3 speed out of my Dad's 1960 Pickup.

***Update, I think I have located everything*** thank you guys for the help! 

I am located in Birmingham, Alabama

Thank you guys!

Reed Patridge
Birmingham, Al
1936 Ford Pickup, Flathead powered cruiser
Model A Roadster, 292" Y-Block "project" vehicle
FORD DEARBORN
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
Greetings Reed: Good to hear you're back in the saddle with this very  interesting project. Looks like you are off to a good start. I would like to make a couple comments and I'm sure other folks will add to this who have dome an "A" retro similar to yours, I have not.  If you plan on using the trans pictured remember the Y-block truck trans has a larger and longer input shaft. Like 7" long requiring  a y-block truck bell housing for the small bolt pattern trans. At the moment, there is one on flea-bay. Not mine nor do I know the seller. Just mentioning this as these don't come up too often for the small bolt pattern trans. Also, the banjo axle is not very strong, especially behind a strong V8 and working around all the drive shaft issues will be difficult. Someone experienced with this axle will be able to shed much more light on it than I.  It would be helpful to state your aprox. location as these parts will be very expensive to ship. I have most all the 3 speed items from my 64 F100 when I installed a T-5. Very lightly used 11" clutch, to name one item, but it's in Michigan.  Please post updates when you can, hope this helps, JEFF...........

64F100 57FAIRLANE500
Reed P
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)Supercharged (76 reputation)

FORD DEARBORN (2/18/2019)
Greetings Reed: Good to hear you're back in the saddle with this very  interesting project. Looks like you are off to a good start. I would like to make a couple comments and I'm sure other folks will add to this who have dome an "A" retro similar to yours, I have not.  If you plan on using the trans pictured remember the Y-block truck trans has a larger and longer input shaft. Like 7" long requiring  a y-block truck bell housing for the small bolt pattern trans. At the moment, there is one on flea-bay. Not mine nor do I know the seller. Just mentioning this as these don't come up too often for the small bolt pattern trans. Also, the banjo axle is not very strong, especially behind a strong V8 and working around all the drive shaft issues will be difficult. Someone experienced with this axle will be able to shed much more light on it than I.  It would be helpful to state your aprox. location as these parts will be very expensive to ship. I have most all the 3 speed items from my 64 F100 when I installed a T-5. Very lightly used 11" clutch, to name one item, but it's in Michigan.  Please post updates when you can, hope this helps, JEFF...........

Thanks for the insight, Jeff! 

I am working around this transmission because I have it.  One day it will be upgraded to something a bit more "performance" minded, but for now we will make do.  The banjo axle is a bit fragile as it sits, so it will also get babied a bit as well.  I have several friends that have updated them to a non-keyed axle with pretty good results on a tire like I am using.  The Firestone bias plies are not exactly "grippy" Smile

I am located in Birmingham, Alabama...sorry I did not put that into the original post, I will go edit it. 

Reed Patridge
Birmingham, Al
panel driver
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)

Last Active: 58 minutes ago
Hi, i have a truck bell housing, flywheel,  and clutch release fork  for a 292.  If you give me some trans  bolt pattern measurements i will try to check tomorrow.  I also have the 3 speed trans from it.  Give me some bell housing measurements for depth for your trans and i will check. I have converted to AOD so i don't think i will need it.  Joe

Located in Harford County Maryland 
Reed P
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Hi, Panel Driver.  Thanks for the offer, I hope to have located everything I need for the moment...but if something falls through I will certainly let you know!  Thanks again.

Reed Patridge
Birmingham, Al
panel driver
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)Supercharged (300 reputation)

Last Active: 58 minutes ago
You are welcome.  Just let me know. Joe 

Located in Harford County Maryland 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter