Profile Picture

292 OILING PROBLEM

Posted By FXRorDIE 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Problem Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
First Time Poster

First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)First Time Poster (4 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
mi inglés es un poco escaso, pero haré mi mejor esfuerzo para entender. Tengo una nueva bomba de aceite, también el filtro de aceite ejerce buena presión, pero no llevo aceite a las válvulas. Tengo una buena presión de aceite, pero no lo he probado con un medidor, hice una conversión de filtro para colocar filtros de los nuevos, como el que aparece en la foto adjunta, me dijeron que tal vez sean los metales del cigüeñal en mala posicion también es normal que salga aceite por el orificio oval, por qué cuando hago la prueba de presión de aceite sin el filtro encendido. ¿El petróleo también sale por ese agujero y supuestamente ese es el retorno o no? Adjunto una foto para que puedas entender de qué agujero hablo. Necesito ayuda ya que hice todas las pruebas posibles y no resuelvo que el aceite vaya a las válvulas. Gracias por adelantado
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/42e8d2f8-0666-4f59-a2ca-a3b.jpeg

Translation:
My English is a bit scarce, but I will do my best to understand. I have a new oil pump, also the oil filter exerts good pressure, but I do not carry oil to the valves. I have a good oil pressure, but I have not tested it with a meter, I did a filter conversion to place filters of the new ones, like the one in the attached photo, they told me that maybe the crankshaft metals are in bad position It is also normal that oil comes out through the oval hole, why when I do the oil pressure test without the filter on. Does the oil also go through that hole and supposedly that is the return or not? I enclose a photo so you can understand what hole I'm talking about. I need help since I did all the possible tests and I do not resolve that the oil goes to the valves. Thanks in advance
55 GLASS TOP
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Could you give some background on the engine how many miles on it or if it was just rebuilt. Is the oil not making up to both sides
paul2748
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
If it's not  a newly rebuilt engine then the oil holes coming up from the camshaft may be plugged.  If it's a newly rebuilt engine then the builder may have gotten the cam bearing in wrong.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Ted
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
The upper slot in the oil filter adapter is where the non-filtered oil comes from in which to supply the oil filter.  The center hole is the filtered oil from the filter and leads to the block oil galleys.  The slot in the oil filter adapter being at the top is to minimize oil drain back when the engine is not running.

You don’t say if this is a fresh engine build or one that has already been run for awhile.  Assuming this is an engine with some run time, the most likely cause for the lack of oil to the top end of the engine is typically related to a soft cam bearing at the center or #3 cam hole.  If this is a fresh engine build and has not been started yet but you are attempting to pre-lube it, then it would be helpful to know if the center cam journal is cross-drilled or grooved.  As Paul brings up, the center cam bearing being clocked incorrectly is a common mistake by shops not familiar with the older engines.  More detail is needed to give you a more exact answer.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter