Profile Picture

Heater blower switch

Posted By Lanny White Last Week
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
I have among my hundreds of '54 Merc spare parts a NOS blower/fan switch, part # B3AZ-18578-A.  The part number indicating fitment for a 1954 is FDC 18578 B and I am wondering if any of you Y-Blockers can decode the prefix (B3AZ) as to year specific for this switch.  It is possible that it fits '49 - '53 which obviously would not be in the Y-Block era, but some of us straddle the line with the flatties.

Any help out there?
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.1K reputation)Supercharged (4.1K reputation)Supercharged (4.1K reputation)Supercharged (4.1K reputation)Supercharged (4.1K reputation)Supercharged (4.1K reputation)Supercharged (4.1K reputation)Supercharged (4.1K reputation)Supercharged (4.1K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 54 minutes ago
The B3AZ prefix indicates '53 Ford passenger car.  That doesn't mean it doesn't fit other years and models though.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
Lanny White
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)Supercharged (89 reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Thanks, Hoosier Hurricane.  I have three separate 1954 Mercury shop manuals, repair and parts, and one covers '53-'54 and another '54-55.  I had guessed the prefix was for '53 but wanted to be sure before making it available for sale.
oldcarmark
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.7K reputation)Supercharged (4.7K reputation)Supercharged (4.7K reputation)Supercharged (4.7K reputation)Supercharged (4.7K reputation)Supercharged (4.7K reputation)Supercharged (4.7K reputation)Supercharged (4.7K reputation)Supercharged (4.7K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
According to my Parts Catalog 52 and 53 Ford Passenger Car with standard Heater use the same Switch.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/b9ec8c4e-313b-486f-b1b0-422e.jpg http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  
DryLakesRacer
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)Supercharged (1.7K reputation)

Last Active: 56 minutes ago
Fords prefix is good but I've always liked Harley Davidsons suffix. after the Part # there is a dash XX and what ever the number is the year it was first used. My 91 has parts that were first made as early as 72.
All these #'s are good to know..

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter