Profile Picture

Articles or material needed for The Y-Block Magazine

Posted By Ted 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 5 days ago
In talking with Bruce Young (editor of YBM), he expressed the need for article submissions to the magazine.  He has been running short of material lately.  If you have any short stories, technical write ups or Y related material, this would be a good time to put those in print and send them to Bruce.  Doesn’t have to be fancy and even half page write ups would be welcome.  Some of you may be aspiring writers and not even know it so here's your chance to give it a try.  Here’s an address in which to send those articles to the YBM.  If you'd like those articles to be proof read before submitting them, just let me know and I'll give you a hand with that.  My contact info is at www.eatonbalancing.com .  Ted Eaton.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/aaa87123-83c3-4ea1-b376-0f02.jpg

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Ted
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
I’ll add that you do not need to be a subscriber to the YBM to submit articles to the magazine.  If Bruce does use your article or articles, he sends several complementary copies of that magazine to the author.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Ted, have you heard anything about why Jerry Christenson has not been submitting anything?  I emailed Bruce about this, and got a sort of non-committal answer.  I wondered if Jerry was having health problems or something.  I always enjoyed his articles.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
MplsMike
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)Supercharged (509 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
I saw Jerry around Christmas and all was well then. He built my engine that I installed last summer. The journey was pretty interesting and I suggested he write about it, maybe I will try my hand at writing if he doesn’t.

MplsMike
'56 Parklane
Minneapolis, MN
Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Thanks Mike, glad to hear all is well with him.  I do miss his articles.  I haven't talked to him for more than a year.  My fault.  I should call him.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
Lou
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)Supercharged (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
Does Y-Block Mag pay for articles? I've written for some of the leading car mags (But not in the last 10 years) and would like to get back into writing now that I'm retired and have the time.
When I first started writing in the late 1970s my editor told me "If you start giving your writing away you have established it value"  I would love to write about y-blocks but not for free.
Joe-JDC
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 37 minutes ago
No, there is no pay for articles.  It is a labor of love for the Y Block and keeping it alive.  You do get multiple copies of the article if used.  Writing for payment would not be in the best interest of the magazine or readers.  Getting the facts right, keeping them straight, reporting them correctly, and promoting the Y Block, along with being published are payment enough in most folks mind.  Joe-JDC 

JDC
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
What would be nice (IMO) is that if the magazine is coming to an end that the information be transferred (as per FORD CATALOGING) to disc so all of that info/knowledge is not lost.

darrell
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 hours ago
i wonder how much longer bruce will keep the magazine going.has he ever said anything.
charliemccraney
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)Supercharged (9.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
If you are a subscriber, you get that yellow slip showing the expired subscriptions.  From those you can get a pretty accurate estimate of total subscribers.  Multiply that by the subscription fee and you can see that it plainly is not a big operation with a big budget to pay writers and Bruce is also not getting rich off of it.

If you ave something to say, Lou, please consider writing for it.  If you are retired, then money should not be the motivator it once was and any risk of devaluing your skill is far diminished.  That is not to say that you should not aspire to make money in retirement but motivations should be reevaluated.

Lawrenceville, GA

Reading This Topic

Site Meter