Profile Picture

Intake crossover choke heater.

Posted By PF Arcand 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
A head scratcher; I have a 2Bbl. "H" intake here that was on my 57 car. The choke setup never worked properly. Looking into the crossover, the thru heat tube is broken, explaining that, but, another short "open" to the crossover exhaust, tubular piece is connected to the outer tube going up to the choke. Exhaust gas isn't supposed to get into the choke mechanism, only heated air. (An ECZ-B intake has a somewhat different setup again) Can someone explain how that setup was supposed to work?. ( note that I live north of the U.S.A border, so just disconnecting chokes is not a solution) -Thanks..      

Paul
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
You will have a tube that runs across inside the exhaust crossover that will supply filtered outside hot air to the choke assy-

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/9701d253-3e12-4d19-bd70-a2e4.jpg

PF Arcand
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Thanks, I was confused. It appears the heat tube broke into two pieces, but left an upper piece still attached to the tube going to the exterior. 
- Another question is that my replacement carb's exterior choke heat tube, needs a heat retaining cover of some sort. Is that item or material available any more?  I'll assume that originals probably contained Asbestos, which is probably not available now, so ??  

Paul
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
Another question is that my replacement carb's exterior choke heat tube, needs a heat retaining cover of some sort. Is that item or material available any more?  I'll assume that originals probably contained Asbestos, which is probably not available now, so ??

Yes, it is still available -

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/d8a62dce-6f14-49d1-9933-e734.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter