Profile Picture

Holley 94 problems

Posted By Jack Groat 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I adjusted mine to 2 psi. A good gauge in the system helps
Jack Groat
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Charlie Price is the guy doing the work on my carbs.  Talked to him last week and he seemed just a little upset that he keeps seeing that same carb coming back again and again.  He promised me he would put it on his test motor and check it out.  Have not heard from him.  I am hoping he finds something that solves my problem.
LD-Ordie
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)Normally aspirated (36 reputation)

I have purchased all of my Tri-Power parts from Charlie with nothing but great results. Currently own 3 cars with his base plates, internal components, linkage, ect. They all perform flawless. So I'm no carb guru, but I have done all of the work myself by following his suggestions and basic experience. Hard to believe your having this much trouble, but I hope this time works for you.
Jack Groat
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)Supercharged (416 reputation)

Charlie called me a day or two ago.  He put my carb on his test engine and said it works perfectly.  Idles, accelerates, etc.   He said most likely my problem is a vacuum leak somewhere.  I'll just keep looking.
LD-Ordie
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

If you know someone with a smoke machine, it could be the easiest way to find it. I bought a good used Snap-On after spending days working an issue with no success, then a friend brought over an older Sun. 5 min. later we discovered a leak inside the lifter valley. 
Jack Groat
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Not familiar with a smoke machine, but I will look into it.

The carbs are off the car and it now has an Edelbrock 4 bbl and it runs fine.  But I am not giving up on the 3x2 set-up.

I have explained this before and I will re-tell the situation. 

The car ran fine on the center carb with the two end carbs blocked off.  Upon unblocking the end carbs and putting fuel to them, they over-flowed with gasoline.  So I decided to send them to Charlie Price to get rebuilt and threw the center carb in with the others even though it didn't appear to need it.  When I got them back, I could not get the engine off idle.  Backfired when trying to open the throttle and then it would die.  Same manifold, same everything. 

You don't have to reply to this, because it has been hashed over earlier on this post.  We have all had those mystery ailments that took us months (or even years) to figure out.  I will eventually figure this one out.

For those who have mentioned that these Holleys are sensitive to fuel pressure, I have a pressure gauge and pressure regulator and the pressure is set at 2 PSI, as recommended by Charlie.

Thanks for all the comments guys.  This is a great website.

Florida_Phil
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I sent my three 94s to Charlie two weeks ago.  The last I spoke with him he was going to call me the next day with an estimate to rebuild them.  I haven't heard back from him, so I called and left a message.  Still nothing.  I'm beginning to wonder about him.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

paul2748
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
Lot of stories about Charlie - some swear by him, others swear at him. 

Florida_Phil (3/8/2019)
I sent my three 94s to Charlie two weeks ago.  The last I spoke with him he was going to call me the next day with an estimate to rebuild them.  I haven't heard back from him, so I called and left a message.  Still nothing.  I'm beginning to wonder about him.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter