Profile Picture

for sale NOS 55 carb.

Posted By franksford 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
The HOLLEY info (possibly depending on printing date) is more concise as compared to FORD as FORD made running changes in cataloging.

I have chased down FORD (49/59 FINAL ISSUE) cataloging to where the carb was used on both the 55 BIRD and the 55 FORD 182HP SPL). But in all actuality one (or both) could have been superseded through cataloging updates.

The manual the OP might be referring to is the CTGI manual, and they also may not have correct info as the date(s) of their research may have been during a cataloging change.

If there is an ASSEMBLY I.D. TAG on the carb, it will give much more detail-

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/16b0a1f3-9e46-45f8-88c3-a70a.jpg

Trying to be NUMBERS CORRECT is a b!tch.

paul2748
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Original 55 and 56 TBird carbs had a prefix of ECJ, including the Ford replacements per the TBird guru's.  This coincides with Ted's info.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Original 55 and 56 TBird carbs had a prefix of ECJ, including the Ford replacements per the TBird guru's.  This coincides with Ted's info.

Just wondering. What is your source of information?

paul2748
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
A very smart gentleman who has restored early Thunderbirds  for years and years and who has authored a very detailed manual on early birds

KULTULZ (1/31/2019)

Just wondering. What is your source of information?

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

franksford
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Tag = B5A 9510 R, back to the blue book? Lots of experts and conflicting information out there. Having owned, driven and overhauled this stuff for many years and have run into conflicting information before, go figure. I've been driving my 56 bird for 55 years. A NOS teapot should work just fine, maybe better than a restored painted one. I'm not an expert on all of the errors that Ford made in there parts manuals, is anyone? What I'm offering is a carb that should be street legal that's why I listed it as both A & S code. Did not try to scam anyone, just want to get some of my collection of NOS parts back out there, I think it's called down sizing.  Frank
http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/6450bf0b-940f-4564-b437-2540.jpg
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Tag = B5A 9510 R, back to the blue book?

Is this ID NO stamped on the carb base or is there actually an attached Assy ID Tag?

What is this BLUE BOOK you keep referring to?

I don't think anyone is accusing you of anything. You asked for a application and the info that was offered is pertinent to this time period (well actually, 1964). To be absolutely certain, one would need the first quarterly FORD CHASSIS CATALOG (1955) and any pertinent PRODUCT LETTERS to confirm original issue.

Take the CTGI MANUAL for instance. Where they source their info from makes a huge difference in component correctness. If they draw their info from post-1955 publications, there is no way for them to confirm what was original (assembly) or later service upgrades/replacements.

KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

I'm not an expert on all of the errors that Ford made in there parts manuals, is anyone?

You don't understand. FORD made no errors, as  what is being described from cataloging  is SERVICE PARTS updates. The FORD P&A SYSTEM is designed to show FORD SERVICE PARTS and SERVICE PARTS REPLACEMENT. It in no way accurately describes FORD ASSEMBLY PARTS and was never intended to. 

The HOLLY MANUAL describes only what was ordered, designed for and released to FOMOCO. What FOMOCO did with said parts can vary drastically in an assembly plant(s).

If you could take a photo(s) of the Stamping Nos.and/or ASSY TAG, it may help as for the concise original application

However you came across the PN B5A 9510-R is the question. While an original SERVICE PN, it also replaced several earlier carb SERVICE PN's. ECK 9510-T (Engineering ASSY PN) may not have crossed to the B5A-R SERVICE PN in original cataloging. It merely became a later service replacement PN.

As for guru's, they would have to had a car that was an untouched original assy to determine what was and was not.

franksford
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)Normally aspirated (26 reputation)

Assembly tag. The book I used is the Ford parts manual for 1949-1959, blue cover. Two books, one with pictures and the other with text. This is just too much work to sell NOS parts.http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/567ece32-b4bb-4983-a276-549f.jpg
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Assembly tag.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/c43f1572-cfd8-4722-bd91-8634.jpg

- ECK-9510-K - 1074-1N-

The book I used is the Ford parts manual for 1949-1959, blue cover. Two books, one with pictures and the other with text. This is just too much work to sell NOS parts.

That explains it. Being ID'd as MOTORCRAFT, it dates the carb back to 1972/73 year release

EDIT.- 1972/1973 being the earliest part release date as MOTOR-CRAFT designated was begun in that time period changing from AUTO-LITE. -

I also now understand the term BLUE BOOK as you are referring to the 1949/1959 MASTER PARTS CATALOG.

THANX for your patience as I am on a very steep learning curve.

franksford
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Normally aspirated

OK please let me know what the experts think it fits, passenger, t-bird or both or truck as one guru suggested, so far all agreed it's 1955, a start? http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/1bd3c470-fb2b-452c-b590-59c5.jpg

Reading This Topic

Site Meter