Profile Picture

292s pcv valve is clicking like its about to come apart??

Posted By Aj64f100HiPo292 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

292s pcv valve is clicking like its about to come apart??

Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Hey guys I'm new to the fourm. Now I recently upgraded my pcv set up to a newer pcv valve and the right shaped hoses. My motor has about 12k miles on it. And at first it was at an idle and certain times when going up hills I can hear the valve rattling like it was about to come apart. Ill get pictures later but the only things I haven't done is a smoke test for vacuum leaks and replace the old plastic 4v carb spacer. Any advice? It seems to have changed and got less severe with the dizzy spring and weight change but its still there. Thanks in advance.
oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
Are You referring to the PCV Valve itself being noisy? How do You have it hooked up. I can see You have filtered Air from Air Cleaner to the Oil Fill Cap. Where is the PCV hooked up to?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
Gene Purser
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Are you sure it isn't pre-ignition you are hearing? You mentioned distributor changes making it less severe. You might try reducing the timing to see if it has any effect. 
Aj64f100HiPo292
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (12 reputation)

From the back of the original valley pan pcv port/can to the straight valve for a 70s 302 to the power brake port on the back if the carb.
Aj64f100HiPo292
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

No I can feel the valve rattling. And this was going on before I touched the dizzy
oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
You may have to experiment with either another Valve or try a restrictor  in the Hose to cut down the amount of Vacuum to the Valvel. I ended up using a Valve for 4 Cylinder 1978 Fairmont. The One You have may have worked for Somebody else but not all work all the Time. The Valve is installed in correct Direction?

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
Aj64f100HiPo292
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Yes its installed right. Large facing down side down. The opposite flow direction of the original pcv valves. Really..I'll have to see about getting one then.
KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Can you give a closer and more detailed photo(s) of your install?

miker
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
“ The opposite flow direction of the original pcv valves”. Ok, I see the “closed” oil fill cap, apparently vented to the inside of the air cleaner. That’s good. But your quote makes me ask if the pvc valve is installed backward. IIRC, they metered air to the carb, and closed if there was a backfire. Does flow direction make a difference?

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter