Profile Picture

1955 Ford Ranger

Posted By Rusty_S85 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
General Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Supposedly this is an original one off Ford Ranger.

I don't buy it cause no one would take and restore a one off vehicle and then throw in non original style parts such as the aluminum radiator and the post 1957 carb setup.

https://barnfinds.com/lone-ranger-1955-ford-ranger-4-wheel-drive/?fbclid=IwAR12JcuHnHLkzxSUoVAcM2v_miuGqS0POXvOO3G54b4W0crmSuaU-kkzCS0

1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan - 292 Y8 - Ford-O-Matic - 155,000 mi

Ted
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 days ago
The price is definitely out there.  I’ve no problem with modern upgrades to any older vehicle.  Just makes them more drivable and in many cases, those upgrades are an improvement on the original design.  Electronic ignitions, alternator charging systems, PCV valves, upgrading the engines to run on unleaded fuels, modern carburetors, and improved piston ring technologies all fall within that ‘improvement’ range.  If it’s a show queen, then by all means just keep it original but if it’s a daily driver, concessions are made to make the vehicles safer and more economical to drive.

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Rusty_S85
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Ted (1/18/2019)
The price is definitely out there.  I’ve no problem with modern upgrades to any older vehicle.  Just makes them more drivable and in many cases, those upgrades are an improvement on the original design.  Electronic ignitions, alternator charging systems, PCV valves, upgrading the engines to run on unleaded fuels, modern carburetors, and improved piston ring technologies all fall within that ‘improvement’ range.  If it’s a show queen, then by all means just keep it original but if it’s a daily driver, concessions are made to make the vehicles safer and more economical to drive.

I fully agree.  If its being built as a driver, but if its as rare as that article makes it out to be then it would be insane to do that to it.  I really think that ranger is a lot more common than the article is making it out to be.

Hope who ever buys it though will finish it up and put it on the road and use it vs letting it sit.

1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan - 292 Y8 - Ford-O-Matic - 155,000 mi

KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 8 days ago
The actual value of the truck due to it's being 4WD.

Marmon-Herrington is renowned for the 4-wheel-drive conversion ...

What I am not sure of is the window treatment, whether M-H included as an option or was done after delivery. If after sales, it will ruin the true value.

Joe-JDC
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)Supercharged (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
One too many zeros?  Misprint?   Phishing for that sucker?  Joe-JDC

JDC

Reading This Topic

Site Meter