Profile Picture

She may have been sittin a while

Posted By Ford Junky 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Just started pullin apart the Y in my 57 after finally getting er in my shop. Might need a little clean up.

KULTULZ
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Might need a little clean up.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/images/graemlins/default/27.gif

Talk about something that would gag a maggot ...

Talk about FORD TOUGH ...

55 GLASS TOP
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Wow".........
Ford Junky
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (18 reputation)

As nasty as that thing is inside, every bolt and nut, including the exhaust manifold bolts came off with absolutely no drama. Literally like the were threaded in there yesterday. That motor sat out in the elements in a very wet climate for 29 years, unfortunately so did the rest of the car, shes gonna take some lovin.
Rusty_S85
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Talk about a rusty engine.

Makes me kind of afraid to pull mine apart after sitting for 30 years.  I hate to see the inside of the cylinder walls since the engine was seized up with rust.  Thankfully I didn't be a fool and I used a concoction of MMO and 10w30 oil in each cylinder over 5 days to get everything free.

Think you might need more than a few days of soaking to get anything rusted in place loose on that engine though.

1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan - 292 Y8 - Ford-O-Matic - 155,000 mi

Ford Junky
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Unfortunately I think your right. I have another Y for the Ranchero and I'll mess with this one when I have time.
Rusty_S85
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)

Ford Junky (1/12/2019)
Unfortunately I think your right. I have another Y for the Ranchero and I'll mess with this one when I have time.

Don't scrap the block just cause it looks like that.

I know if my old 292 needs to be bored out but everything else is fine I am fully willing to pay big money to have it bored out and sleeved and rebored back to oem spec to reuse the old pistons if they aren't trashed.

Long as the cast iron isn't bad you can rebuild it.

1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan - 292 Y8 - Ford-O-Matic - 155,000 mi

Ford Junky
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

For sure, no plans to scrap the block or heads (ECZ-G), I'll get it out tonight and see what it is. I was told at one point it was a 312 but I have my doubts.
PF Arcand
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)Supercharged (5.3K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Man!  I don't think  I've ever seen an engine that rough inside.. Rusty S85; If the block is stock or near on bore, hopefully you can salvage it.. However, if it needs  all cylinders sleeved, forget about it. Full sleeving of the block badly weakens the entegrity of  the casting. It's been tried before..don't. 

Paul
Gene Purser
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)

I found a 312 in a junk yard sitting on the ground so long the oil pan was rusted through. All the cylinders were pitted or busted. Before I knew that you could cut the crank and use a 292 block, I had all the cylinders sleeved. That was about 25 years ago and the engine is still running. Never say never.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter