Profile Picture

1957 FEK-12127 Dist.

Posted By Melly 5 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Question Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 days ago
in the process of up grading to a four barrel setup on my 292.  Presently it ha a 2 bl on it.  Would there be any issuses if I was to put the 57 dist. in for now?  As I am still trying to get all parts needed for the rest of the upgrade.  What would if any issuse for points setting and timeing ( what would be these settings ) 
oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
No Issue if You change just the Distributor. You should notice a Difference in the way it runs just changing the Distributor. Not sure what the existing Distributor uses for a Vacuum Source.You need direct manifold Vacuum whether it be full time or ported when the Carb Starts to open.As far as Timing I would go with 6-8 BTDC for now. I changed just the Distributor on mine first before I did the Carb + Manifold.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
Melly
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)Supercharged (586 reputation)

Last Active: 5 days ago
Thanks for your response. You mentioned about vacuum source. At present on my dist. The vacuum diaphragm does not have a tube on it, only has what looks to be a plugged end with a screw in plug. My dist on my motor believe to be ford loadomatic . Sholuld be looking to change diaphragm. Don’t know what I am talking about. Help
oldcarmark
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 4 days ago
Dobie (1/11/2019)
Unless the carb you are planning to use is an original type Holley 4000 series "teapot" your distributor will NOT work correctly. No other type of carb will supply the correct vacuum signal. For identification, a Loadomatic distributor has the advance springs mounted above the points plate; a non-Loadomatic has the springs below the points plate, not visible with the cap removed.

I believe He currently has a 2BBL. I am not familiar with the Vacuum setup on those Carbs. I have only ever been involved in the 4000 4 BBL. If There is an alternative vacuum Source available for the replacement Distributor it can be used and the Vacuum outlet on Carb plugged if that is controlled by the existing Carb. If You are missing the vacuum outlet fitting on the Distributor You can use a piece of 3/16 Brake line as a starting Point for Rubber Vacuum Hose. If this Car has Vacuum Wipers there should be a Vacuum Source or "T" into that Line for Distributor Vacuum.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
paul2748
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
If you have the 94 type 2 bbl, then you have to plug the vacuum hole used for the load-a-matic.  For the time being, you can run the just the mechanical advance and no vacuum.  It will run  good without the vacuum, just a little better mileage with the vacuum.  I don't remember now what type of plug you need.  I ran just the mechanical advance when I had the 3 2's on my car and it ran good..

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

Tedster
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)Supercharged (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Tapping a source of vacuum at the manifold works fine. There's no good reason not to run vacuum advance on a street driver, there's no performance hit, increases fuel economy, and will run smoother and cooler.
Ted
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Co-Administrator

Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)Co-Administrator (12.5K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 days ago
As Paul mentions, the later model distributor can be used without hooking up the vacuum advance to the early Holley 94 (model 2100) 3 bolt two barrel carburetor and just rely on the mechanical advance for the short term.  But if wanting to convert that early 2V carb so it has a true ported vacuum that is compatible with the ’57 and newer distributors, here’s the link giving instructions for that.

http://www.eatonbalancing.com/2010/02/07/modifying-the-holley-94-two-barrel-for-late-model-distributors/

Lorena, Texas (South of Waco)

Reading This Topic

Site Meter