Profile Picture

Fuel pump "dual action" (fuel and vacuum) rebuild kit for my 1955 292 Y-block for E-10 fuel...

Posted By bergmanj Last Week
You don't have permission to rate!

Fuel pump "dual action" (fuel and vacuum) rebuild kit for my 1955 292...

Author
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (351 reputation)Supercharged (351 reputation)Supercharged (351 reputation)Supercharged (351 reputation)Supercharged (351 reputation)Supercharged (351 reputation)Supercharged (351 reputation)Supercharged (351 reputation)Supercharged (351 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 hours ago
Folks,

Any recommendations for a rebuild kit or replacement for my 1955 292 "dual action" (fuel and vacuum) fuel pump?

I tried two of my "old" AC-brand pumps on my startup (see "Oil filter spin-on adapter kit leak" thread for details); both of which were spurting fuel from the vent holes - no, I didn't let that happen long at all for fear of diluting the oil.  Had to go back to the single-acting "replacement" for startup and first full run for full temp. run.

Appreciate any advice as to reliable sources for E-10 fuel resistant pump valves, diaphragm materials, etc.

Edit: Forgot to mention that both of mine still have the glass fuel bowl - which I'd like to keep.

Regards, JLB

55 Ford Crown Victoria Steel Top
oldcarmark
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.7K reputation)Supercharged (4.7K reputation)Supercharged (4.7K reputation)Supercharged (4.7K reputation)Supercharged (4.7K reputation)Supercharged (4.7K reputation)Supercharged (4.7K reputation)Supercharged (4.7K reputation)Supercharged (4.7K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Rock Auto sells brand new Ones but they are non Glass Bowl Type. If U have a Pump to use for now You could get yours Rebuilt and returned. There's Business's that rebuild them but don't sell Kits. Do a google search. I would not suggest buying a NOS One because they are not likely to work well with today's Gas. New Pumps have a better Diaphragm for Gas Today.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/b9ec8c4e-313b-486f-b1b0-422e.jpg http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  
KULTULZ
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Read This - http://www.then-now-auto.com/fuel-pump-repair-kits/

Present Location - (Subject to Work Release Requirements)
W (BY GOD) V - MBG - Eastern Panhandle
TAKE ME HOME - 81

62bigwindow
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)Supercharged (1.9K reputation)

I would reccomend getting yours rebuilt. I had 2 of the new pumps fail within less than 300 miles. The quality is poor and only one company makes them so it's a crapshoot on getting a good one.

Durham Missouri
Rusty_S85
Posted Last Week
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Then-now-auto is where I got my rebuild kit if I remember right.

You can send yours in to be rebuilt or rebuild your own.

You could also get a new reman without the glass bowl and disassemble the bottom piece and transfer your pieces from the old pump to get your bowl back.  I haven't done this but taking my old unit apart it appears that you should be able to do that.

I rebuilt mine like 4 or 5 years ago and its been working ever since with no problems.

1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan - 292 Y8 - Ford-O-Matic - 155,000 mi

Lou
Posted 8 days ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)Supercharged (981 reputation)

How about Canter Auto Parts? 
https://www.kanter.com/

Reading This Topic

Site Meter