Profile Picture

Ford alternator

Posted By tomfiii 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)Supercharged (126 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
There is a good article on the newer Ford alternators in the February issue of HOT ROD magazine.
Rusty_S85
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I don't get Hot Rod magazine anymore haven't for years but if its about the Ford 3G alternator they are amazing alternators.  I found out for the Windsor small block engines with V belts you need a alternator from say a Ford Taurus 93ish year model without DOHC the ear spacing is identical so it will be a drop in change with no modification outside of using a metric bolt or retapping the alternator to accept a SAE bolt.

Will be getting a 90A small case one for a Taurus for my old ford truck to replace my 1G that is rated at 45A.

1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan - 292 Y8 - Ford-O-Matic - 155,000 mi

jumpstart
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)Supercharged (80 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Tomfiii;  Thank  You for the posting, I went to the book store and got me a copy.  That is a very good article.  That one will go into my refer,  for  my cars. 

Reading This Topic

Site Meter