Profile Picture

56 Removal of Gauge/Cluster Assembly...Have you done this?

Posted By Jwawhite 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

56 Removal of Gauge/Cluster Assembly...Have you done this?

Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Hitting on all eight cylinders

Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)Hitting on all eight cylinders (8 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Any tips would be appreciated!
paul2748
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I haven't removed the gauge cluster from a 56 sedan, but if your going to spend any amount of time under the dash remove the front seat.  A lot easier working under the dash that way.

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

oldcarmark
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)Supercharged (6.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
Jwawhite (12/11/2018)
Any tips would be appreciated!

If You want to remove the entire Gauge Panel and not just Individual Gauges the Assembly is held in place by Nuts that thread onto Studs. Accessed from the backside of the Dashboard. Disconnect all wiring to the Gauges, unplug light Sockets, unhook Speedo Cable and remove the Nuts  around the edge of the Panel. If You don't need everything out the Speedo and Gauges can be taken out from backside of the Dash. 

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/Uploads/Images/a82cee8f-be33-4d66-b65d-fcd8.jpg  http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/339ed844-0bc3-4c73-8368-5dd3.jpg
miker
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 6 days ago
This is kind of an aside, but I think worth mentioning. Both in my 55 and my friends 56 OT car, the under dash wiring was very brittle. Both cars originally from the Seattle area, so no really high temperatures. Pay attention to insulation that might be cracking, and tape up as necessary. I’m not saying you’ll need to rewire it, just be aware. The more gentle and the less bending you do, the better off you are. It’s easier to see and more expected under the hood, but the dash can be worth a look also.

Both cars have since been rewired. I never had a failure, but he did in a harness we hadn’t touched.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ

Reading This Topic

Site Meter