Profile Picture

What to do now

Posted By junkyardjeff 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I put a 351-w and C-4 in my 55 years ago,the builder did not put the cam I wanted in and it has a vibration that feels like its down one cylinder but hitting on all 8.  I also had a C-4 freshed up that I thought would out live the 351 and use it behind the 292 I am planning on building but on my trip to Daytona Beach the C-4 lost third so I had to rent a truck and trailer to get it home,I think its time to put a Y block back in but now I will have to find one good enough to drop in since I had to put the truck and trailer rental on the credit card and have to pay it off so no money to build a engine right now and not sure if I want to go with another automatic trans. I would like to get it going by spring and need to find a good deal on a 272 or 292 and 3 speed trans that I can drop in if any are out there.

Butchering up everything I can get my hands on in Dayton Ohio
62bigwindow
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
I have a good T86 OD I would part with.

Durham Missouri
1960fordf350
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I have a 292 that was running in my F350 that I just pulled in August.   Needs gone through,  but it has STD size pistons in it.  I have both style timing chain covers.   It has small valve truck heads on it,  but I have other heads too.   I also have a car flywheel with the clutch and pressure plate still with it.   Don't have the bellhousing.    I'm in Parma   

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2e6780b3-6e07-4836-8bf9-c3da.jpg

junkyardjeff
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)Supercharged (1.4K reputation)

I have to fix it as cheap as possible so its most likely going to get a used C-4 this time or put a 3 speed manual behind the 351,I am looking to build a 65 galaxie 2 door for my next long distance car so I can take the 55 off the road and finish it.

1960fordf350
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)Supercharged (248 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Do you get cruising times?    Guy was advertising a C4 adapted to a Y block.    $450   Has converter and flexplate.   216-271-3677      Call between 1030am-6pm    Ron
No,   I don't know him,   this is his ad.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/2e6780b3-6e07-4836-8bf9-c3da.jpg

Pete 55Tbird
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Your location will make a difference. Where I live, SF Bay area there are Yblocks on Craigs all he time. Some seem to be
a good deal but who knows. Your hunting will be better in a "target rich" enviroinment. Pete
junkyardjeff
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Not many running Y blocks around here on craigslist,usually pulled out of vehicles that sat for many years or I miss them and gone before I get to look.

junkyardjeff
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Would you believe I can not get that trans to loose third again,I did put the valve body and modulator from the old trans on it and it did loose so I let it sit. I went to put it in the big garage to pull the trans so I took it for a drive and has went into third all the time,I put over 50 miles on it this weekend so its going to get a fluid and filter change and reinstall the other valve body and see what happens. If it looses third again I will look for another valve body since the old trans shifted funny and this one is doing the same so its not quite right.

2721955meteor
Posted 5 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 33 minutes ago
junkyardjeff (12/30/2018)
Would you believe I can not get that trans to loose third again,I did put the valve body and modulator from the old trans on it and it did loose so I let it sit. I went to put it in the big garage to pull the trans so I took it for a drive and has went into third all the time,I put over 50 miles on it this weekend so its going to get a fluid and filter change and reinstall the other valve body and see what happens. If it looses third again I will look for another valve body since the old trans shifted funny and this one is doing the same so its not quite right.

sounds like the valve  in front of the vacuum modulator  is stuck,that small piston controls 3rd speed shifts. put mine in backwards and no 3rd,so if modulator controlled by vacuum hose coulb the issue.  c4s are built proof

Reading This Topic

Site Meter