Profile Picture

Vacuum hose sizing

Posted By Rusty_S85 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I looked in my parts and illustration guide for my 56 fairlane but the part numbers cover 4 different sizes of 100ft spools but doesnt state what size for what area.

Does anyone know what size the vacuum hose is from the temperature control valve in the heater plenum to the heater valve on the intake?

What about the vacuum hose size from the wiper motor tee to the temperature control valve?

Mine is brittle and falling apart but its so old it predates the marked hoses so i dont know. Cant buy locally here true vacuum line so want to order it when i order the 5/8 white stripped heater hose.

So if anyone could help with what sizes vacuum hose was used where i would greatly appreciate it.

1956 Ford Fairlane Town Sedan - 292 Y8 - Ford-O-Matic - 155,000 mi

Hoosier Hurricane
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)Supercharged (4.9K reputation)

Group: Moderators
Last Active: 3 hours ago
The vacuum control valve to water valve is 3/16.  I believe the wiper hose tee to the vacuum control valve is 1/4".  Measure the diameter of the fittings, that is the size hose to use.  Nipple OD is the same size as hose ID.  I think you can buy the hose at the local parts store by the foot, rather than by 100 ft. spools from catalog vendors.

John - "The Hoosier Hurricane"
http://www.y-blocksforever.com/avatars/johnf.jpg
Rusty_S85
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)Supercharged (698 reputation)

Hoosier Hurricane (12/4/2018)
The vacuum control valve to water valve is 3/16.  I believe the wiper hose tee to the vacuum control valve is 1/4".  Measure the diameter of the fittings, that is the size hose to use.  Nipple OD is the same size as hose ID.  I think you can buy the hose at the local parts store by the foot, rather than by 100 ft. spools from catalog vendors.

Thanks for the reply. I checked locally they have to orser vacuum hose for me as they dont stock it as its bot a big seller.

The 100ft rolls was what the ford part number was for no mention of what application just that it was a bulk hose roll.

I will have to see if i can find my caliper and ill measure what i have and go from there.

Rusty_S85
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Yep was correct. Hose from heater control valve to the heater valve is 3/16" and the vaccum hose from the wiper tee to the heater control valve is a 1/4".

I ended up ordering the heater hose kit from macs with the proper white stripe and ordered the wiper vacuum hose kit which didnt state how long the hose was and i ordered the heater vacuum hose kit for a thunderbird. Looks like it comes with 1/4", 3/16" and 1/8" hose.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter