Profile Picture

Thunderbird Alternator Conversion

Posted By Florida_Phil 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I would like to put in a plug for Casco.   I was having a problem keeping my battery charged, so I decided to upgrade my 55 Tbird to an alternator.   No one seems to work on generators anymore and I am running an electric fan.  The generator is a problem with modern electronics and 2018 traffic.  I ordered one of their alternator kits and installed it on Monday.  Their instructions were excellent.   The alternator came tested and the brackets fit perfectly.  The kit allowed me to retain the voltage regulator and wiring.  It's not needed but it looks stock.  Even the GEN light works.  This is a true bolt on.  The kit is a little pricey, but well worth it.  It's rare that an aftermarket part fits and works that well.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/3db16598-c99f-4418-a983-6996.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

paul2748
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 7 hours ago
Thanks, nice to know.  I get most of my TBird parts from CASCO and always has been nice to do business with them.  They also have a tech line which has been helpful

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

DryLakesRacer
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)Supercharged (4.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
The only concern I have with adding an alternator rated at 105 amps and also AC and electric fans is the wiring should also be increased possibly up to a #8. The CASCO unit and wiring diagram/instructions definatly make a nice upgrade.

56 Vic, B'Ville 200 MPH Club Member, So Cal.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter