Guy with a British TR6 and a RUSTY FENDER uses ELECTROLYSIS

Posted By Pete 55Tbird 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Guy with a British TR6 and a RUSTY FENDER uses ELECTROLYSIS

Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Check out this process on YouTube. Car fender rust electrolysis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muhkRx3qNhg

Pete

MoonShadow
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
If you have time both electrolysis and Molasses will dissolve rust. It is a slow process though.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
darrell
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

there are a lot of videos on youtube showing this.never tried it but it does work.you almost have to try these things today as there are few places where you can go for rust removal.
Florida_Phil
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)Supercharged (2.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I restored a 1965 Mustang into a Shelby clone about 10 years ago.  I wanted it as perfect as possible.   When I purchased the car I thought it had minimal rust.  I considered using a chemical dip process and called around the country to find one.  My body man has years of experience.  He told me not to dip the car as I would remove all the seam sealer and uncover some things I didn't want to see, so I decided against it.  We had the car media blasted instead.  When the car came back, it was full of holes.  Under the paint we found lots of bondo and hidden rust.  If we had dipped the car, my body man said we wouldn't have had a car left.  I'm glad I took his advice.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/f053bbb3-4178-493a-b962-1619.jpg

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/82ad85c1-6def-4eb4-a085-3dd2.jpg

Pete 55Tbird
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Moonshadow, thanks for the comment. The TIME to de-rust using molasses is more like a week or two verses a day or two. Then what do you do with the dregs
that are left over? On this Youtube video a guy completely removes the rust from a cast iron exhaust manifold in 26 hours. Then the solution left over is NON TOXIX
and you can pour it on your lawn with no harmful effects if you wanted to.
I have some manifolds I did years ago in dry storage and they still look good. Pete  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUqK_TojM5w
MoonShadow
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

I think the problem would be in the metals left in the solution after a few de-rusting projects.  I was once told that the regular non toxic solvents after extended use had heavy metals in them that would prohibit dumping.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire

Reading This Topic

Site Meter