Profile Picture

RUST

Posted By 55 GLASS TOP 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Rust the Bain of cars especially in the north east. I am working with a friend taking apart a 1956 Fairlane . The car has lots of rust some of which we will cut out and some we will chemically treat. We have removed the front and all the tins in the engine compartment are pretty rusty. Media blasting is an option but I was wondering if anyone has any home brewed recipes to soak the rust off. I would love to buy a 55 gal drum of evaporust and just drop the stuff in but it ain't cheap. Any replies thanks in advance.
KULTULZ
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)Supercharged (3.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
There was once (a long time ago) that a service that dipped the complete body (stripped) in a vat that would accomplish the same thing much easier. I don't know if it is still done or the EPA put a stop to it. Also acid dipped bodies to reduce weight for NHRA.

paul2748
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)Supercharged (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: 5 hours ago
If you are a member of Ford Barn, some on there have mentioned a product that is supposed to,be as good as evaporust but  at much lower cost

54 Victoria 312;  48 Ford Conv 302, 56 Bird 312
Forever Ford
Midland Park, NJ

55 GLASS TOP
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)Supercharged (1.0K reputation)

Do you know the product name? Thanks
Pete 55Tbird
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
RUST can be removed using a process know as electrolysis. Google it. I have had very good luck using this. Safe, cheap, environmentally friendly. Good luck, Pete 
Gene Purser
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)Supercharged (496 reputation)

The alternative to Evaporust is Rust911

https://www.rust911.com/
Rono
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)Supercharged (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
It's been my experience that all liquid rust removal products are very messy to use and you have to flush them with lots of water. In winter, when many of us work on our projects, this becomes a problem. To me, soda blasting is a good rust removal option because it is dry, doesn't require rinsing and doesn't heat and potentially warp sheet metal like sand blasting does when too much pressure is applied.

http://forums.y-blocksforever.com/uploads/images/4a19e870-e870-4f63-a0a4-db5b.jpg  Ron Lane,  Meridian, ID

2721955meteor
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)Supercharged (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
MOLASUS AND WATER,1 PART MOLASSES 2 PARTS WATER,PROBLEM IS A LARGE CONTAINER,I USE A PLASTIC GARBAGE  CAN.YOU MHT GO 4MOLASUSW1ATER
55 GLASS TOP
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

How long does it take with the molasses and water to work
Pete 55Tbird
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)Supercharged (1.1K reputation)

Rust. If you use electrolysis to remove rust ( water, washing soda, low amp electricity from a trickle charger and a sacrificial bar of iron in a container to submerge the part you wish to derust ) after several hours or days the rust is removed NO METAL
only RUSTED METAL. When finished I pour the water, soda and rust on my lawn ( it likes iron ) CHECK IT OUT it is worth a look. Pete
PS; it gets to all surfaces INSIDE AND OUT
PPS; HAMB  https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/electrolysis-rust-removal-big-parts-tanks-whos-done-large-parts-and-how.787203/

Reading This Topic

Site Meter