Profile Picture

Fenton headers - post #2

Posted By Lanny White 6 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
I"m gonna try this on a different forum page.  I have a set of original cast iron FENTON headers of which that I am trying to determine fitment.  The Fenton part number is stamped on each the LH and RH  - 0708.  Can anyone decipher this part number as to the following:  239, 256, 272, 292, 312 and 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957 and whether a standard trans or auto trans.
miker
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
Lanny, I think most of us look at “latest” post. Kind of depends on your point of view, but cast products are manifolds, and welded tube are headers to me. No offense intended.

I’d go try over at the Ford Barn since you didn’t get an answer here. Pretty laid back site with knowledgeable members. If that doesn’t work then the HAMB site. But read the rules first, they can get grumpy.

Nice exhaust parts, someone’s going to know, and if they aren’t y block, the HAMB classifieds will be a good bet.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
jw375
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Turbocharged

Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)Turbocharged (61 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Lanny I think many of these guys , just know Common Knowledge Stuff , Not sure they know every thing ,  I am Putting a C4 in a  56 F100 , I did not get much constructive input ..  I'm Looking at lowering my Straight axel & leaf springs Rear to kinda Keep it stock , & Update Exhausted .. Not to much hope for advise ... I wish you luck.. 
MoonShadow
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)Supercharged (7.4K reputation)

Last Active: 34 minutes ago
I think the picture you posted was for Y-Block. If you have a shot of the head side I'd be sure. That said the part numbers wouldn't mean anything except in a old Fenton catalog. The Fenton's are an aftermarket part so year of fitment or Y-block size has no real bearing. They are getting very hard to find in any kind of condition.

Y's guys rule!
Looking for McCullouch VS57 brackets and parts. Also looking for 28 Chrysler series 72 parts. And early Hemi parts.

MoonShadow, 292 w/McCulloch, 28 Chrysler Roadster, 354 Hemi)
Manchester, New Hampshire
miker
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)Supercharged (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 4 hours ago
All the above is good. But this is still a y block site, despite some of us having done major mods in other areas. The Ford Barn and HAMB have social groups that have a wealth of knowledge on other modifications. Give them a try jw if you haven’t already.

miker
55 bird, 32 cabrio F code
Kent, WA
Tucson, AZ
Lanny White
Posted 6 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Supercharged

Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)Supercharged (206 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Thanks for all of the above input.  I got them in the late '70s from a guy that said he had taken them off of a '56 Ford so I have always known they were Y-Block.  However, they would not fit on my '54 Merc - driver's side outlet conflict with the clutch/Z-bar assembly and shift levers.  The bolt pattern and inlet ports align and match correctly with the Merc'c original manifolds (EBU 9430-B and EBU 9431-C) and the Fenton's inlet ports are slightly larger than the EBU's.

I want to sell them, but due to the complexities of driver side clearance issues, (steering box, shift levers, oil filter, and clutch linkage) as well as the differences between Ford/Mercury/T-Bird from 1954 thru 1957 I do not want to represent them as fitting something they in fact do not.  That is why I am trying to cross-reference the Fenton part numbers.

As recommended, I will pursue the Ford Barn and the H.A.M.B.

Reading This Topic

Site Meter